What is QUIDCO?

Options
Hi All!

Im new to the board (Joined today!) ive been reading some of the threads and i keep seeing this QUIDCO mentioned, what is it and how does it work?

Cheers!

1st TS
Debt Savings
C/C £2,951.44 PO £146
Car Loan £4,500 Cahoot £50

DFD by ???? :confused:

Comments

• kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya and welcome!!

Quidco is a cashback site, have a look at https://www.quidco.com - there's quite a lot of explanation on the site itself.

Basically, various companies have schemes where they'll pay cash to various websites for forwarding business to them (clicking on a link and buying something for example). Some other sites with give you a percentage of this but quidco will pass on 100% of the cashback to you :T :D (minus a yearly fee of £5 if you earn that much, if not you pay nothing :j )

So... if you're going to buy anything online, check to see if the online shop is listed with quidco. If so, sign in, click the link to go to the site and make your purchase as usual. The transaction will be tracked and a percentage of cashback paid (it differs for each site). The quidco site will explain all this better than me though!! :rolleyes:

Some tips to make money: try signing up to online dvd rental companies (I did screenselect, blockbuster and sainsburys as these are not linked to each other) and got a total of £30 cashback for taking their free trials (remember to cancel before free trial is up :D )

If you have a bit of cash... speculate to accumulate style... you can sign up to some online gambling sites (if you're not registered already). Usually you're required to deposit and bet with £10 (but it can vary) and the cashback can be between £20 and £50!!! There are at least 6 or 7 of these that are reliable but obviously don't deposit money you can't afford to lose and please don't do these offers if you'll be tempted to gamble more in the future - that's not moneysaving - as martin would say!! :T There are ways to make money from something called matched betting... have a look here but be sure you know what you're doing otherwise it can go very wrong! If in doubt, try betting on something as usual... your decision how much risk to take :D

There are other various good offers available, have a nose around the site and this thread - you don't have to read it all but its a good place to ask questions and discuss the latest offers.

That's all I can think of for now... hope it helps :D
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure