Had my or interview

Options
yesterday morning and it went ok. The lady called dead on 9am, hubby answered the phone and he went to pieces as he hates talking on the phone, so he asked if he could hand over to me to go first and she didnt even speak to hubby!!!!

My £450 car has been exempted as i take it to work - she will confirm that in writing, I asked about the bi in our house and said we were having it valued by an estate agent - she said send that in when we have it and go from there, well it was valued yesterday at £76k, or mortgage redemption is £83,500 so negative which we wanted yay!!!

Said she would write to creditors and explain that we went br due to hubbys unemployment and having to move quickly away from our previous property which we had an heroin addict and dealer as a neighbour.

Hubby said from downstairs it sounded like I was chatting to an old friend!!!

Was all over by 9.45 was sooo pleased. Oh well, im finding life no different now to the last few months before br, as we hadnt been using any credit anyway. All thats really changed is the fact now legally our creditors cant make our lives a misery, and i can ignore their post with confidence - so onwards and upwards.

Many thanks to everyone on here for their support.

Mel, Ga, Josh (2), Maddi (1) and flump.
BSC # 308
I should really rename myself mummytothree!!! Child no3 born 14/09/10
ED 12/01/11

Comments

• lilibet1
    lilibet1 Posts: 820 Forumite
    Options
    well done, glad it went well for you. It must be a relief

take care x
  • dojoman
    dojoman Posts: 12,027 Forumite
    Options
    Glad it went ok for you:)
    :pB&SC No. 298
    Life`s Tragedy is that we get OLD too soon
    and WISE too late!
  • auldblerk
    auldblerk Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Options
    mummytotwo wrote: »

Oh well, im finding life no different now to the last few months before br, as we hadnt been using any credit anyway. All thats really changed is the fact now legally our creditors cant make our lives a misery, and i can ignore their post with confidence

This bit rings true for me at the moment so you're not alone with this feeling :)
  • Doucam
    Doucam Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    Glad it went well for you.
  • KITTENPOP9
    KITTENPOP9 Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Glad it all went well.
  • confused76
    confused76 Posts: 12,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i'm so pleased it went smoothly! i hope you and hubby can relax and enjoy Easter now x
  • hunts42
    hunts42 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Delighted it's gone well for you both, now you can concentrate on the important things in life... Family, Friends and enjoying yourself! Many many congratulations :beer:
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello Mel, Ga, Josh (2), Maddi (1) and flump, I so like good news here and I'm pleased for you all x
    Group hug x GroupHug.png
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • mummytotwo_3
    Options
    Thank you all, had the all important valuation in writing today from the estate agents with house in negative equity - going to now sort out the bi and then I will truly relax.

It helps that my mum is selling some things relating to her caravan (a motor mover) as she has upgraded and is going to give us this money for the bi. So fingers crossed by end of may should all be sorted.

I can then have flump in september happy.
    BSC # 308
    I should really rename myself mummytothree!!! Child no3 born 14/09/10
    ED 12/01/11
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed here too, looks promising on BI front!! It will be a nice new start for you all and baby flump x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport