Its time to sort it all out

Hi everyone,

Im in a proper pickle and i've just had my "Holy Shizzle what a mess" moment.

Today is payday, it should be a wooohoo day time to pay my rent, repay my friends, buy food and whatnot and maybe even buy a beer or two.

However today and previous paydays have been a time of slight despair normally a "!!!!!! i have how much left to last the month!" (£64 as a by the by)

So i've decided to finally extract my head from the sand (still cant hear properly due to the sand in my ears) and sort it out.

I need to organise a statement of affairs and see what im paying for what. So i've printed out last few months bankstatements while im at work and still have net access (home net has been disconnected as has my phone, which put my family into a slight panic as i've not been intouch for a few weeks) and im going to sift through them tonight and try and make some sense of current situation.

- I've cut out a few things voer the last few months that seem to have helped a bit:
- Started buying jars of cheap coffee to drink at work (asda cheapy or Aldi/ Lidl cheap coffee) which seems to have saved me a few pounds a month
- Cut down my lunches at work to £1.59 a day (soup and a roll)
- Stopepd taking the train (Oddly it cost me more to take the train that it does to insurce, tax and run my car :Scratches head: )

Thanks for reading all, any advice/ tips will be greatly appreciated, as i embark on the long road to becoming debt free.

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,644 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are you a memeber of your local public library; most offer free internet access. That covers contact with family.

Lunches - you need to take in pack ups. Is there a microwave? if so, heat your own can of soup.

Make a list of what is in the fridge and freezer and then visit the Old Style Money Saving forum and ask for help doing a store cupboard challenge - living of what you have plus a bit of milk, bread etc.

What can you sell on e-bay, amazon or at a car boot sale?
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • josephine82
    josephine82 Posts: 447 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi rescynic. Welcome to the boards!

Yes, definitely you need to go over your statements and work out the current situation.
    Then if you put everything up on here we will try to advise on how to help.
    A good format is the one here: http://www.makesenseofcards.com/soacalc.html and you can then format the answers for MSE.

Good luck going through the statements!
    Debt free as of 2 October 2009
    Mortgage free as of 27 March 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills