claiming for course,after paying my self

Options
i was made redundant 2 weeks ago,i am not one to sit on my ars and want to get back to work,i have an appoitment in 3 weeks to see the job centre about courses.
i am thinking of going on site saftery course to help with my welding trade.
the course starts in about a week and want to know,if i pay for it can i claim it back ???

Comments

• hellokitty08
    hellokitty08 Posts: 1,878 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Probably not. Depends what course it is i suppose, but why dont you phone the job centre now and ask. I am under the impression that they job center will prescribe what course you can and cant go on, they probably wont reimberse you, for choosing your own course.
    Debt free since July 2013! Woo hoo! The bank actually laughed when I said I have come in to cancel my overdraft.
  • BERFFRO
    BERFFRO Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    scott_w wrote: »
    i was made redundant 2 weeks ago,i am not one to sit on my ars and want to get back to work,i have an appoitment in 3 weeks to see the job centre about courses.
    i am thinking of going on site saftery course to help with my welding trade.
    the course starts in about a week and want to know,if i pay for it can i claim it back ???

How did you manage to get on courses with the jobcentre so quick? I thought you had to be out of work for 6 months before your even considered for courses! If you really believe that the "site safety course" will benefit your job prospects, Can't you just pay for them yourself? This is what i have done with some of the courses i am doing at the moment. Their might be some grants available in your area try searching your local council's website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure