Roof repairs

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
2 replies 758 views
bongzillabongzilla Forumite
4 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Last year I had my tiles & felt on the roof replaced, using a builder that was recommended by my neighbour, at the time all seemed grand.

Now it seems the work was shoddy & I can't get through to the cowboy on his phone, the number isnt valid.

In the shocking weather last night water has leaked through, ran down the chimney breast and caused the wallpaper in my bedroom to bubble. When I climbed into the loft I can see the chimney is wet, and some of the wood in that area that the slates are resting on were also wet.

Total nightmare.

Can anyone recommend some decent, reasonably priced tradesmen in the belfast area? I think it may be the flash around the chimney that is the problem but i cant be sure. Has anyone had similar work done & if so how much did it set you back? Can it be claimed under house insurance?

Replies

• edited 2 April 2010 at 1:04AM
    sparky40sparky40 Forumite
    251 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 2 April 2010 at 1:04AM
    Bongzilla, where abouts are you? We had someone out a few weeks ago to repair work on our roof and chimney,same as yourself, it was the flashings that needed work.

The guy is Ballymena based but I'm sure he would travel to Belfast as he is working down here at the minute on a job and I live in East belfast myself. Cant really comment on price as we got it pretty cheap as he is a family friend, but highly recommend him, he also tiled my sister and brothers new builds recently with no complaints from them.
    :j Norn Iron Club Member No. 343 :j
  • Old_GitOld_Git Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    try advanced roofing . I had a job done recently .All seems well .resonable price .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals