The Lovely Weather

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
31 replies 2.1K views
bookloverbooklover Forumite
883 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
:eek::eek: Well its been raining heavily all day here in \Belfast and there sleet and snow too.

The lights are flickering on and odd, I hope we don't have a power cut like http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8594268.stm :o

So whats the weather like where you live then/

Fiona

Replies

• It has been raining here in Armagh since midday yesterday, turned to snow about 3.00pm today, both my feet and the dog are wringing, I thought the striplight in the kitchen was faulty but I see from your post its the wind on the lines, bad night for the electric boord men.
    BTW, How do you do that thing with the link?
  • bookloverbooklover Forumite
    883 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Casey

All i do is highlight the website from the taskbar click copy, and then click paste onto the page u want to put it on.

Armagh weather sounds really awful

Tale care

Fiona
  • beccambeccam Forumite
    962 Posts
    Rain, rain, rain in East Belfast and lights flickering on and off.......worst bit is I keep loosing my internet connection everytime the lights flicker!!
  • booklover wrote: »
    Hi Casey

All i do is highlight the website from the taskbar click copy, and then click paste onto the page u want to put it on.

Armagh weather sounds really awful

Tale care

Fiona

Sounds easy, hope to give it a try.
    Are you as your name suggests,and if yes ,what are you reading at the moment?
    Last one I read was by Susan McKay, Bear in Mind These Dead, brilliantly observed, A very intelligent person.
    883 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi casey

Yes I love reading, always have to reading a book but as I'm studying I don't have much times these days.,

Am just starting Reckless by Andrew Gross. I read Patricia Cornwell, John Grisham and a wide variety of other types, from romantic to drama..... to biographies.
  • sleepymysleepymy Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Oohh yes, out lights are flickering in tune with my mum's out in Saintfield, must be something at the power station. I can hear things flying about the garden and I'm afraid to look out at the destruction! The dog has been holding most of the day and only nipping out when she's bursting lol!
    The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid. - Katharine Hepburn
  • belfastgirl23belfastgirl23 Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    candles at the ready in south belfast!
    883 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi sleepy

Hope you are doing well

I sent u a message.

Hi Belfastgirl
    yea we've got our torches at the ready.. itrs really bad isnt it?
  • edited 5 January 2011 at 2:03PM
    wifeforlifewifeforlife Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 January 2011 at 2:03PM
    How'd you all get on last night? - our electricity went off at 9.30pm right in the middle of grey's anatomy, hasn't returned yet.
    At least the snow has stopped, it fell quickly yesterday evening, with several inches within an hour
  • RTNIRTNI Forumite
    817 Posts
    Lights flickering in Comber & Ballygowan last night, but no power loss thank goodness! Travelling to Belfast this morning on the Ballygowan road and turned a corner to discover that the top surface of the road had been washed away overnight! :eek:

Called the section office to report it, so hopefully they will repair it ASAP!
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals