Can i sell my Tesco Club Card Vouchers?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
8 replies 1.9K views
yus786yus786 Forumite
663 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
Seen loads of them on fleabay.

How do they do it? As it has my name on the vouchers??

Ta

Replies

• sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    To sell your vouchers u advertise them as deals, when the person buys them u exchange them for deals and send the deals to them.

There are alot pitfalls be careful who u sell them too, cheque is preferable and make restrictions on who buys. Make sure u state any outstanding points will be credited back too u and any mistakes are there fault - think thats it?
    SIMPLES!
  • yus786yus786 Forumite
    663 Posts
    sinw wrote: »
    To sell your vouchers u advertise them as deals, when the person buys them u exchange them for deals and send the deals to them.

There are alot pitfalls be careful who u sell them too, cheque is preferable and make restrictions on who buys. Make sure u state any outstanding points will be credited back too u and any mistakes are there fault - think thats it?

Thanks

And presumably when i order their deal, i would enter their name at the tesco checkout?

Ta
  • rapunzelz86rapunzelz86 Forumite
    559 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    You wouldnt be at a tesco checkout? they would have to order the "deals" vouchers for you - all rewards vouchers can be used on any reward that isnt pay in full. so you would get vouchers, that you could then take to wherever you were going to spend them (goldsmiths,restaurants etc). not sure how it would work for things you need to book though (ie park resorts) anyone know?
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • Debt_Free_DreamerDebt_Free_Dreamer Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    If you are buying 'deals' from ebay, the voucher would have the sellers name on them. You run the risk of not being able to use them if the retailer can see it is not your name. (you use a credit card for the rest of the bill in a restaurant for example). However, people on here say they have never had a problem.

If you are selling, the buyer would get vouchers with your name on them and have the same issues.

You would need to convert your Tesco point to vouchers for them, so they would tell you what they want. You would then post the vouchers after Tesco had posted them to you. You do not tell Tesco they are for someone else. You just claim the voucher as if it was for you to use.

Make sure they pay in adance, Paypal or cheque (bank the cheque before you post the vouchers).
    I want to be credit card and loan free by Christmas 2010
  • sara2323sara2323 Forumite
    479 Posts
    I recently sold two lots of £20 Tesco vouchers, check out ebay for how others word their adverts it really helps! Making it clear that it can take 10-14 days etc

Once sold, the buyer e-mailed me the deal they wanted and I ordered as usual, when the tokens arrived (with my name) I just forwarded to the address provided on Ebay. Was really worried though even after the buyer left feedback. I had sent both orders via Recorded Delivery although on one of them the letter did not track not sure if it was because it was a flat??
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    24.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used clubcard vouchers with a different name on to buy deals without problem
  • Hi, I was considering buying vouchers from ebay, and using them to buy something specific from Goldsmiths - is there any merit in this, and will they check my name (as it will be different to that printed on the voucher)?

My logic is that say £800 of vouchers can be picked up for about £450 on ebay, which is a substantial saving - has anyone else done this successfully?

Thanks.
  • sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Loads people are doing this every day
    SIMPLES!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you