Money making 'psychic forums'

Options
Why isn't there tougher regulation on sites like this one:

psychic-forum.com

Exploiting people, making money from people's misery and lapping it up in luxury whilst those they prey on get nothing except either a large phone bill or a pack of lies read off a script or 'nice, fluffy, comfort' words to make you go back and believe what they tell you.

It's just truly sickening seeing places liks this and they are worse than anything else right now when times are tough they are sickeningly cashing in and taking advantage of it.

Is there no regulatory authority in this country to stop this apalling behaviour???
On a scale of 0-10 how fairly do you treat people ...

Comments

• nickinoo
    nickinoo Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    I'd personally like to see a ban on psychics full stop until they can prove they are not fraudulent which in my opinion will never happen.

My friend has just found out the psychic she was meant to be seeing today has cancelled for the 2nd time in as many months due to unforeseen circumstances, honestly you couldn't make it up. When I sneered at this on her Facebook status all her gullable little friends came back at me saying she is brilliant etc! Whatever, LOL!
  • pingupenguin
    Options
    i dont mean to be offensive to anyone but its just another religion, i'm someone who believes in science and these sort of things have been proven to be real by the numerous Tv programs iv seen just like the bible (that last bit was a joke in case anyone took it seriously)
  • shaven-monkey
    Options
    Trading standards?
    "Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves." - Norm Franz
  • UK2010
    UK2010 Posts: 373 Forumite
    Options
    I think I'm psychic, I knew I'd see the words "Trading Standards" written somewhere at some point today in this part of the forum!:rotfl:
  • paulofessex
    paulofessex Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    I have been following Sally Morgans TV show, she has been on tour. Ok l know its edited for the tv etc and her pathetic voice saying "mummy where are you" when talking to a bereaved parent drives me mad, however she does appear to be spot on with regards to coming up with someones name, none of the usual sam, sammy, samual she appears to be straight to the point.

My vote also goes to John Edwards
  • RHYSDAD
    RHYSDAD Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    edited 30 March 2010 at 8:40AM
    Options
    My unemployed (at the time) mother-in-law used to quite happily spend my wife's hard earned money on premium rate psychic lines until i came along. A frank exchange of words between us left her in no uncertain terms that my wife (then girlfriend) was not wiping old peoples backsides for her to fritter it away on these phone calls which amount to basically a load of old !!!!!! talked by some old hag, safe in the knowledge that stupid gullible people will spend £1.50 a minute on them.

She still glares at me now and that was nearly ten years ago.
    "Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."

Chinese Proverb

• UK2010
    UK2010 Posts: 373 Forumite
    Options
    My vote also goes to John Edwards

Jedward are psychic as well? :rotfl:
  • Payless_2
    Payless_2 Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    Options
    I went to see a psychic in my younger days and she scared the hell out of me. She said "I'm walking around your flat" and described it exactly. She also said that she was running a bath but couldn't fill it properly. The flat had a ridiculously small hot water tank. She asked if I worked with food as she could smell food cooking. When I said no she said "You will be soon" I was offered a job waitressing that weekend.

Once a strange man came up to me in a night club and said "Be very careful what you do over the next 24 hours" I asked him why and he said that he'd gotten a message from John to tell me this. My mates and I laughed ourselves silly at this but when I got home my then boyfriend put me in hospital for being out so late. When I went back to the club the man was there again so I asked him about the message and he said that he was psychic.

I know that people are going to try and explain this away but, no, no one knew about the stupidly small water tank and the man in the club couldn't have known me or my ex.

My point is that not all psychics are charlatans but I bet the phone line ones are.

Edit: I never found out who John was.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I predict there will be some sceptics appearing on this thread! Wow,I'm psychic!
  • TurkishDelight
    TurkishDelight Posts: 7,739 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's peoples own money, it provides them comfort.

You are not saying they are being tricked into services which they didn't ask for, or not being provided with services. (Even though you think you are.)

They paid for someone to tell them these things, and that's what they got.

There are many, many companies making money out of misery that have nothing to do with psychics.
    This is my opinion. There are many others like it but this is mine
    :kisses2: Fiancee of the "lovely" DaveAshton :kisses2:
    I am a professional ebay seller. I work hard at my job, I love my job, if you think it's silly that's your problem not mine. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure