Golf Club Membership Deals

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
7 replies 6.1K views
maguimmaguim Forumite
108 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Anyone know of any good deals out there at the minute? Needs to be within half hour drive of Belfast. Thanks guys.:beer:

Replies

• wetthamwettham Forumite
    13 Posts
    I haven't heard of any good deals recently, but in the last year or so a lot of clubs have dropped joining fees or offer them over 2-3 years. You can get an idea by going to the GUI website then clicking Golfers and then Membership Search. You're best ringing round too see if they have any offers on.
  • x12yhpx12yhp Forumite
    801 Posts
    You are definitely better off looking at less established clubs. With a less established membership base, they are more likely to go losing members in harder times than clubs which have been about for 100 years plus. You also have much more chance of getting around needing recommendations - several clubs I know wont want anything to do with you if you done have proposer and seconder to prove you aren't an idiot!
    Always overestimating...
  • x12yhp wrote: »
    You are definitely better off looking at less established clubs. With a less established membership base, they are more likely to go losing members in harder times than clubs which have been about for 100 years plus. You also have much more chance of getting around needing recommendations - several clubs I know wont want anything to do with you if you done have proposer and seconder to prove you aren't an idiot!

I thought you needed a proposer and seconder to prove you WERE an idiot LOL!
    Im knitty, Im nutty, but I dont know anyone called Nora. :p
  • x12yhpx12yhp Forumite
    801 Posts
    I thought you needed a proposer and seconder to prove you WERE an idiot LOL!

Depends on your defintion of idiot!

The idea works pretty well these days. If you think it stuck up and eletist to go through these steps then it is just as well they are there because you wouldn't fit in. Ditto the other way around! One wouldn't wish one's Bentley to be parked too close to a filthy Vauxhall, nor would ye' wan' sum ole' fart telling ye wot is gud ettiquit r nat! Make your choice wisely! ;)
    Always overestimating...
  • steveympsteveymp Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    x12yhp wrote: »
    Depends on your defintion of idiot!

The idea works pretty well these days. If you think it stuck up and eletist to go through these steps then it is just as well they are there because you wouldn't fit in. Ditto the other way around! One wouldn't wish one's Bentley to be parked too close to a filthy Vauxhall, nor would ye' wan' sum ole' fart telling ye wot is gud ettiquit r nat! Make your choice wisely! ;)

:rotfl:

I can't see the advantages of membership for myself or any other occasional golfer TBH, especially with our lovely climate in this country:rotfl:

I suppose membership is a higher work/social network, but there are plenty of places you can just turn up at and pay a tenner for a round of golf;) there even is a couple of clubs in stroke city that a fiver gets you a round;) and you don't have to wear Pringle socks and a club tie:rotfl:
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • x12yhpx12yhp Forumite
    801 Posts
    steveymp wrote: »
    :rotfl:

I can't see the advantages of membership for myself or any other occasional golfer TBH, especially with our lovely climate in this country:rotfl:

I suppose membership is a higher work/social network, but there are plenty of places you can just turn up at and pay a tenner for a round of golf;) there even is a couple of clubs in stroke city that a fiver gets you a round;) and you don't have to wear Pringle socks and a club tie:rotfl:

As I said, horses for courses. I would go and play snooker, go for a drink, get a meal...
    Always overestimating...
  • wifeforlifewifeforlife Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suppose more than half hour drive away, well just over. However Loughgall is known in my locality for being the cheapest membership and with a decent enough course. I've no idea being a lady myself, the man of the house wouldn't allow me to find out but it must be good if he goes lol .
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals