We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What's a reasonable offer?

Options
I recently made a complaint about being missold some payment protection and the complaint was upheld. As a good will gesture they have offered to pay me an ex-gratia offer of the monthly cost of the PPI from inception through to the day the policy ends. They say this is a final offer. Is this a good offer? It doesn't include any interest payments but does add up to a sizeable amount so I am not sure if I should accept... can anyone help advise me? Thanks!

Comments

• maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    Hi There ask them about the interest sometimes they just do not mention that this will be paid. If it is not included then ask them to include it.
    :mad:
  • BrettP
    BrettP Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that. However, I've just found out that the offer they have made is now actually only for the interest ...?
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    BrettP wrote: »
    Thanks for that. However, I've just found out that the offer they have made is now actually only for the interest ...?
    So they are just paying you back the interest that you paid on the PPI?
  • BrettP
    BrettP Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Yes - just the interest - but I can keep the PPI going and still be eligible for my cashback at the end of the 5 year term. Does this sound ok?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport