cheap phone/broadband/tv

Hi
this is my first thread so apologies if I make any mistakes!I am looking to get a better deal on my phone,broadband and tv package.Im with virgin for all three at the moment and have been for years.I dont think we have a BT line-just the virgin one running into the house.
How do I go about changing suppliers and can you have three different companies giving you three different things?Excuse my ignorance when it comes to this!!!I always thought because we were NI we couldnt get a choice-same as electricity supply-its only from reading a few threads on here Ive realised I can change!
thanks in advance :):)

Comments

• dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    As you do not have a normal telephone line you are stuck with Virgin/NTL as they are different systems. If you want to change you will have to get a phone line installed as opposed to cable.
    Dave
  • thanks for getting back to me-will I have to pay for a new line?and will it have to be with BT?
  • Rach39
    Rach39 Posts: 827 Forumite
    Sky are doing a deal for tv/ broadband/ phone but you will still need a BT line - and check your area is suitable as I went through the whole rigmarole only to find out at the end I'm not in the right area and it would cost me an extra £30 per month at the moment :mad: May be good for you though - I think it's free box, free installation and £10 month (plus cost of putting BT line in ) but don't take my costs as certain as it can be quite confusing when you get into the nitty gritty of what you actually want!
    Life's a box of beads - rainbow coloured and full of surprises!:D
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 March 2010 at 9:22PM
    BT will do the work but it depends on who you choose to pay line rental to, ie talk talk, plusnet etc. depending on your local exchange you may get a package from Sky for everything
    HTH

Thanks Rach
    Dave
  • thanks Dave and Rachel-I will look into the Sky offer and see what they can do for me
    appreciate the replies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport