🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

contracts with builders

Options
hi

i'm hoping to add an extension to my house costing around 50 - 60k. someone told me i should draw up a contract with the builder but i don't know what sort of things to include. does anyone have any ideas or is there a contract template that i could get hold of that i could amend to fit my requirements?

many thanks

alison

Comments

• johnk
    johnk Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    hi

i'm hoping to add an extension to my house costing around 50 - 60k.  someone told me i should draw up a contract with the builder but i don't know what sort of things to include.  does anyone have any ideas or is there a contract template that i could get hold of that i could amend to fit my requirements?

many thanks

alison

http://www.homepro.com/corepages/workscontract.asp
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • Shunter64
    Shunter64 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    hi johnk

thank you, thank you, thank you! i was going to pay £150 for someone to draw something up for me!

thanks again

alison ;D
  • theGrinch
    theGrinch Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    better than any contract is get a recommendation from someone who knows a reliable and quality builder.

afterall a contract is there in case something goes wrong, whereas a recommendation is from the point of view of something going well
    "enough is a feast"...old Buddist proverb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family