CCJ - Andrew Wilson & Co, High Court Enforment Officers....

Options
2»

Comments

• kel_mooloo
    kel_mooloo Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Similar thing happened to me, they hand delivered the letter (the writ), didn't even knock. I did panic and called them to stop them coming around again, they were quite stern on the phone but set up a payment plan each month. But the interest is quite scary! I need to call them to see how much I still owe. Just offer them as little as you can afford. I thought they had to take a minimum payment. Also, hide your valuables elsewhere in case they do manage to get in ;)
    :cool:

Charges refunded to date- HSBC £150

Freebies- Simple skincare products, L'Oreal moisturiser,
  • pamcsweeney
    Options
    Good evening,

I am having some trouble with this company..and would value some advice!

They caught me on the hop almost two years ago regarding an old Royal mail arrears account. I have been paying £50 per month since but the balance has been barely dented because of extortionate interest...can they legally charge interest? How can I get out of this ..paying in perpetuity and giving them interest?

I offered £300 full and final settlement - original Royal Mail account was £3500 approx and they added £1500 or so extra charges..balance is now at £4800 approx. despite me paying £1000 over the last 18 months.

Please help!

Kind regards,

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    shamonee wrote: »
    Please Help Urgently.

When I was out of work 2 years ago, I did a one building job with a friend

Moved to it's own thread.

Please reply here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3529395
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Twinkle_Top
    Options
    I came in from work today and received a letter(same as the one shown by mrviews) from a rep for Andrew Wilson & co. There is no date on the letter and no indication of any timescales, what do I do now? The goods itself were handed back last year to the owning company due to voluntary termination of an HP agreement, the fees they are trying to collect are for repairs to bring the vehicle back up to show room condition. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure