CSA complaints

Options
I assume others have previously found this and posted it but I can't trace it so for newbies like me

I've just found on http://www.publiclawproject.org.uk/d...tToPartPBs.pdf
the following regarding the CSA

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype,Bold]
[FONT=PalatinoLinotype,Bold]Stage 1 - [/FONT]
[/FONT]contact the person you have been dealing with, or their manager, with your complaint.

You can e-mail your complaint from the CSA website at
www.csa.gov.uk, or you can write or
phone. Your complaint will be acknowledged, and if it is likely to take longer than 15 working
days to provide a full reply, the CSA will let you know.

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype,Bold]Stage 2 - [/FONT]
[/FONT]if the person you have already been dealing with cannot settle your complaint, you can
contact the Complaint Resolution Team, either by visiting the CSA website (as above), or by
contacting the office you have been dealing with, or by calling the national helpline on 08457 133

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype,Bold]Stage 3 - [/FONT]
[/FONT]if you are not happy with the reply from the Complaint Resolution Team, you should
contact the Area Director at the office you have been dealing with. You can do so either by visiting
the CSA website (as above) or by writing. The reply to your letter at Stage 2 will tell you who to
contact.

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype,Bold]Stage 4 - [/FONT]
[/FONT]if the Area Director does not settle your complaint, you can write to the Chief Executive
of the CSA by visiting the CSA website (as above) or by writing to: The Office of the Chief
Executive, Quay House, The Waterfront, Brierley Hill, West Midlands, DY5 1XZ. The Chief
Executive, or someone on his behalf, will look into complaints not resolved by the Complaint
Resolution Team or the Area Director.

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype,Bold]Stage 5 - [/FONT]
[/FONT]if, after receiving a response from the Chief Executive (or someone acting for him), you
still feel that the CSA has not dealt with your complaint properly, you can write to the
Independent Case Examiner, an independent organisation that offers a free and impartial service.
You must contact them within six months of receiving a final reply about your complaint from the
Chief Executive of the CSA. You can find out more about the Independent Case Examiner by
visiting their website at:
www.ind-case-exam.org.uk, or by calling on 0845 606 0777.

[FONT=PalatinoLinotype,Bold][FONT=PalatinoLinotype,Bold]Final Stage: [/FONT][/FONT]Investigation by the Parliamentary Ombudsman (see 3. above).

Now on the grounds that my last letter to the CSA sent recorded and copied to my MP received a reply from my MP on the 5th March. I reckon they are running out of time to respond.

one assume I can now go straight onto stage 2 as no reply is unsatisfactory, by the way this letter was complaining about not receiving a response to a letter sent in September.

:beer: I've paid the CSA off and stopped them taking payments:beer:
I'm stillowed some arrears by my ex :mad:

I was a NRP, now I'm a PWC, partner of a PWC, and parent of a PWC ( and very confused at times )

Comments

• speedster
    speedster Posts: 1,300 Forumite
    Options
    all that states is that if it's going to take longer than 15 days, they'll let you know.

you are "assuming" that they are going to comply with regulations.

when dealing with those chimps, "assumption is the mother of all fug ups".
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY'LL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

and, please. only thank when appropriate. not to boost idiots egos.
  • Honest_broker07
    Options
    Ah but it's more than 15 days and they've not let me know

So I'm gonna log a complaint that they don't abide by their own rules
    :beer: I've paid the CSA off and stopped them taking payments:beer:
    I'm stillowed some arrears by my ex :mad:

I was a NRP, now I'm a PWC, partner of a PWC, and parent of a PWC ( and very confused at times )
  • borders_dude
    borders_dude Posts: 1,974 Forumite
    Options
    Ah but it's more than 15 days and they've not let me know

So I'm gonna log a complaint that they don't abide by their own rules

Is the 15 day thing a guideline though rather than a rule. If its only a guideline and they dont meet it then thats that. If it is a rule then thats another matter.
    When dealing with the CSA its important to note that it is commonly accepted as unfit for purpose, and by default this also means the staff are unfit for purpose.
  • speedster
    speedster Posts: 1,300 Forumite
    Options
    Is the 15 day thing a guideline though rather than a rule. If its only a guideline and they dont meet it then thats that. If it is a rule then thats another matter.

mmmmmmmmm. not quite.

1. they don't follow guidelines.

2. they don't follow rules.

and

3. they don't follow law either.

putting in a complaint because they haven't responded in 15 days will get about as far as a one legged man in an azz kicking contest! :rotfl:
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY'LL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

and, please. only thank when appropriate. not to boost idiots egos.
  • edinjac
    edinjac Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    well I wrote a complaint on the 24 February and received a letter last week stating that it would take 15 working days. I then received a letter yesterday stating that it would take 4 - 8 WEEKS to look in to my complaint. If they still needed more time after they tat they will get back in touch.

This is my 4th complaint and i went to the Chief Executive this time!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure