We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Compers Inn - Part 26

1…152153155157158…344

Comments

  • lfc4eva
    lfc4eva Posts: 1,645 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi...strange question i'm about to ask but i need to know..................... While on my mini trampoline earlier today doing exercises, i heard a strange pop and one of the springs flew accross the other side of the room, i carried on and luckily no others fell off. :D

    Is there anywhere i can get a cheap replacement spring coz when googling for them it would work out cheaper to buy a new trampoline :mad:

    Cheers
    Karen x
  • NoNameWoman
    NoNameWoman Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2010 at 11:14PM
    Hi Wingo

    urm :o:o:o I thought I escaped :D none of the horses won :cool::eek: and my accumulator was at the value of 0 :o just after the first race!

    OH offered to put another bet for me, but I said no :eek: do I regret it now! Seriously, this renewed frustration spoils my weekend so better not to do it..I don't mind if I was paying but I ran out of wages next day I got paid...I only do part time..

    Not only that, I also did not get myself a drink when I went food shopping, tried to behave although there were very tempting offers in Sainsburys....so he later got me half a bottle of whisky at twice its price :eek::eek: so much for moneysaving ...now I am trying to enjoy it..with almost every sip for £1 it is hard to enjoy :o

    How is hubby getting on with his interviews? hope he gets a job that he enjoys soon.

    The idea of a picnic sounds great, hope the weather stays lovely for you x

    Sorry K not sure hun
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    You enjoy it NoName, i'm sure your horses will come up trumps for you soon. ;)
    I joined tombola a few weeks ago when the promo was on & I never won anything on it. I told myself I would stick to comping as its free but yesterday I got an email for gala & you only deposit £5 but get £20 back so I gave it a go. I won 3 times on it and was able to put £40 back into my bank! I left some in so I can try my luck again! :) Gonna have a go whe OH has gone to bed! :D

    Ifc4eva..im not sure if it is worth buying a spring for it as they are pretty cheap to buy now.
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • NoNameWoman
    NoNameWoman Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Aww this is great :D:T:T well done on winning. I never ventured into that site although I hear a lot about it. I, too, might go explore when he is in bed :D
  • Esther_McVittie
    Esther_McVittie Posts: 2,805 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 4 April 2010 at 12:08AM
    I meant thanked not liked :o sorry, lol.

    I looove David Tennant, yum!! But recently developed a thing for that Matt Smith is it? There's something about him!! I think the nation will warm to him :)

    Poor sod (Matt Smith) is cacking his pants coz he thinks nobody will love him!

    Tough acts to follow -loved Tennant but have you ever seen Chris Eccleston in da flesh - I still haven't recovered ................................... he held a door open for me at the Beeb .................yes, I wet me nickers! sorry but swoon moment! xxx
    "You give a little love and it all comes back to you! La La La La La La La!"
    Just loving comping and the good guys here!
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Well I couldn't resist starting on the chocolate! :EasterBun
    Happy easter everyone!:easter:
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • Jokey
    Jokey Posts: 8,801 Forumite
    Poor sod (Matt Smith) is cacking his pants coz he thinks nobody will love him!

    Tough acts to follow -loved Tennant but have you ever seen Chris Eccleston in da flesh - I still haven't recovered ................................... he held a door open for me at the Beeb .................yes, I wet me nickers! sorry but swoon moment! xxx

    I can be quite sure that I could meet any even half decent man and swoon. I got overly excited after meeting Ken Dodd :rotfl:
    :) xx JoJo xx :)

    :heart2: And only now I see the light...
    :heart2:

    :T Baby girl due 09/03 :T

  • NoNameWoman
    NoNameWoman Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    :D Happy Easter Wingo and everyone xx
  • Lakshmi7
    Lakshmi7 Posts: 339,970 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Happy Easter Everyone!!! :D:D:D
    It is a scientific fact that your body will not absorb calories if you take it from another person's plate.
    :A :A :A
    Chocolate is the answer and I don't give a damn what
    the question is.;)
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I can be quite sure that I could meet any even half decent man and swoon. I got overly excited after meeting Ken Dodd :rotfl:

    Ken Dodd? I bet that tickled you! :D
    My claim to fame is meeting Richard Hillman out of corrie & Fred Gee who was in it years ago!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.