Me again - another OR question

Options
My partner who is the one considering BR does not have a bank account and hasn't for about a year now. All his wages and everything else is paid into my bank account. Will the OR want to see my bank statements and scrutinise my spending?

Comments

• Matt1982
    Matt1982 Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    I dont think they are allowed to but someone who knows for sure will answer soon.

Would it be an issue if they did?
  • Lilhobo
    Lilhobo Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    No I guess not and I'm happy to hand them over if necessary but I have obviously paid for things that an OR may well consider extravagant in the last year or so and certainly wouldn't be able to account for each purchase etc. Just concerned that this would hamper my partners process.
  • confused76
    confused76 Posts: 12,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    they must have dealt with this kind of situation before? i'm sure it will be ok. if your partner wants their own bank account the coop and barclays both do a basic account that is br friendly
  • Lilhobo
    Lilhobo Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Ha what he wants and what I will allow him to do are two entirely different things. Whilst his money goes into my account I can be completely sure he has no access to further credit. Also allows me to keep a tight hold on the purse strings!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure