We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Find my dress/shoes etc thread!

Options

Comments

• gillm66
    Options
    Thank you Shellsuit - have just PM'ed you back. I really do appreciate you having taken the time today to check when you were in BHS.....that is sooooo kind of you....I'm going to ring my local store tomorrow and see if they will liaise with the Liverpool store and fingers crossed they will send up for me - keeping everything crossed!!!
  • arbroath_lass
    Options
    Size30 wrote: »
    Can a Mum of the Bride hijack this?!

Ok.....I'm looking for a plus size online store, but NOT the usual Littlewoods, Marisota, Very, Simply Be type.

I'm happy to pay decent money, but just need pointing in the right direction!

The wedding is in Oct, so time is of the essence.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Size30 x

Have you tried these?

http://www.curvety.com/

http://www.curvydiva.co.uk/cnb/shop/curvydiva?op=merchant-welcome-null

http://www.bigbeautifulandgorgeous.co.uk/

I haven't ordered from any of them so I can't recommend personally, though.
  • gillm66
    gillm66 Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 17 September 2010 at 4:05PM
    Options
    shellsuit wrote: »
    Have private messaged you Gill, just popping this here incase you come back to the thread first.

I've found the shoes, in blue, in a 5! x

Can I say a HUGE big thank you to Shellsuit who so kindly posted and PM'd to say she spotted the bridesmaid's shoes I needed for my daughter when in BHS in Liverpool yesterday. You are an absolute star as I've been pulling my hair out literally trying to get hold of these for about 3 months....BHS Wedding on-line were of no help saying as the size wasn't in stock there was nothing they could do and they weren't getting any more in. Tried my local stores in Central Scotland and no stock there and they rang various other Scottish stores for me to no avail.

After Shellsuit's find yesterday I rang the Liverpool branch this morning and explained my predicament and the lady was extremely helpful, found the shoes in the stockroom and is sending them internally up to my local store in Livingston for me.

I am so, so pleased and my daughter (14) has a huge smile on her face (that is some achievement with a 14 year old teen :rotfl:) as these were the shoes she really, really wanted for my wedding next year and will match her bridesmaid's dress perfectly.

So a huge thank you from the both of us....you've made my weekend :)
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gillm66 wrote: »
    Can I say a HUGE big thank you to Shellsuit who so kindly posted and PM'd to say she spotted the bridesmaid's shoes I needed for my daughter when in BHS in Liverpool yesterday. You are an absolute star as I've been pulling my hair out literally trying to get hold of these for about 3 months....BHS Wedding on-line were of no help saying as the size wasn't in stock there was nothing they could do and they weren't getting any more in. Tried my local stores in Central Scotland and no stock there and they rang various other Scottish stores for me to no avail.

After Shellsuit's find yesterday I rang the Liverpool branch this morning and explained my predicament and the lady was extremely helpful, found the shoes in the stockroom and is sending them internally up to my local store in Livingston for me.

I am so, so pleased and my daughter (14) has a huge smile on her face (that is some achievement with a 14 year old teen :rotfl:) as these were the shoes she really, really wanted for my wedding next year and will match her bridesmaid's dress perfectly.

So a huge thank you from the both of us....you've made my weekend :)

Hi Gill, that's fab news!!

If you weren't able to get them sent out, I was going to suggest that I pick some up for you on Sunday when I pop over there, but now you're sorted there's no need!

It was my pleasure, so glad I could help! xx
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • MissPixie
    MissPixie Posts: 2,380 Forumite
    Options
    Last resort. I am looking for electric blue hold ups like these: http://www.agentprovocateur.com/hosiery/hold-ups/info/europa-hold-up~blue
    but less expensive and in stock lol
    If I can't find them I will have to rethink my look :P
    Getting married Wednesday 24th August 2011!
    :D
    2010 wins:
    approx £2198
    2011 wins value so far: approx £650
  • bubbles0169
    Options
    there are a few colour options here,cobalt(which is normally blue) or azzuro (no idea!) but cos theres no pic with them its hard to say! maybe give them a ring, if you go back to the page before it shows the different colours but not as hold ups
    http://www.tightstightstights.co.uk/hold-ups-c2/trasparenze-valentina-stay-ups-p293?attribute[1]=165
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • TamVilla80
    Options
    Size30 wrote: »
    Can a Mum of the Bride hijack this?!

Ok.....I'm looking for a plus size online store, but NOT the usual Littlewoods, Marisota, Very, Simply Be type.

I'm happy to pay decent money, but just need pointing in the right direction!

The wedding is in Oct, so time is of the essence.

Many thanks if anyone can help.

Size30 x

Have you tried Ann Harvey? They go up to a 32 and have a sale on at the mo
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MissPixie wrote: »
    Last resort. I am looking for electric blue hold ups like these: http://www.agentprovocateur.com/hosiery/hold-ups/info/europa-hold-up~blue
    but less expensive and in stock lol
    If I can't find them I will have to rethink my look :P

Ann Summers have very similar in stock at the moment, I got cream ones last week which were just like that for £4.80!!
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • Bride2be24
    Bride2be24 Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2010 at 9:57AM
    Options
    can someone help tell me who this dress is by or even where to buy it?

7125_136731801942_529501942_2690532_692900_n.jpg?t=1284883947
    :D :T Became Mrs Allison on 23rd April 2011 :D:T

:heart::D Also trying for a baby :D:heart:
  • bubbles0169
    Options
    where did you get the photo from?
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate