Find my dress/shoes etc thread!

Options

Comments

• swampduck
    Options
    sugarwalsh wrote: »
    Hi - I foolishly went and tried some dresses on today, so now, despite swearing I wouldn't buy a big old gown, I have fallen for the Maggie Sottero 'Nora' dress. Has anyone seen this on offer anywhere? The lead time is too long so I couldn't order it anyway. Which may turn out to be a good thing really!

Thanks
    Megan

Have you tried the www.preloved.co.uk?

I put in maggie sottero nora and got 4 hits - I keep looking at this site because as a second time to be married 50+ year old - I just do not want to spend ridiculous sums of money. Look a million dollars Yes!! :D Spend a million No!!:eek:

Swampy
    Expect the worst, hope for the best, and take what comes!!:o
  • swampduck
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone find me a pair of shoes - 'Renee' by Benjamin Adams, size 6 in Ivory? I tried a pair on in size 7 today in a bridal shop but they were too big. They were in the sale for £50, but I'm struggling to find a pair in size 6 for the same price online, they're all coming in over £100!

Thanks in advance!xx

Me again!!

I just fired this into Preloved and got a few hits - mainly from a business that is closing down. But worth a go. Even though it a preloved site there is loads of new stuff or never been worn stuff to browse through.

Swampy
  • swampduck
    Options
    wanchai wrote: »
    Hello all!!!

I am looking for a dress, am in love with all these and would be sooo grateful if anyone could find them cheaper:

David Fielden 4629 - Wallis Simpson dress with tulle skirt
    http://www.leonieclaire.com/dress-collections/wedding-dresses/david-fielden/ref-4629 £1200

Justin Alexander 8530
    http://www.justinalexanderbridal.com/product-detail.php?id=765 £700

Jenny Packham Joy
    http://www.highsocietybridal.co.uk/autumn-sample-sale-joy-jenny-packham/ £1700+

Jenny Packham Eden
    http://www.eternitybridalwear.co.uk/wedding-dresses/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=jenny-packham-eden-wedding-dress £1500+

Thanking you in advance. :)
    I have no idea how these dresses are bought from new but on Preloved (can't you tell I live on that website at the moment!! :rotfl:)

Happy hunting!!

Swampy
  • bubbles0169
    Options
    thanks for your input swampy but those posts are actually from october last year, someone was looking for this thread so i bumped it for them! x
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • double_mummy
    Options
    hi bubbles

you are wonderful finding the thread for me!!!!!!

i found out the dress i was looking for doesnt exist and the picture was edited to make it look like my dream dress but it isnt in reality :)

anyone else need some shopping help?
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ah thats ok! you should still report them though!
    on the ebay page across from description/postage, next to print/share there is a report item link x
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • double_mummy
    Options
    yeh u did the online chat thingy with ebay and had the listing removed so not happy but happier
  • Scotsbride
    Options
    does anyone know where i can find 4inch ivory heel for wide size 3 1/2 -4 feet?
    :kisses3: Married 29th September 2012:love:
  • double_mummy
    Options
    http://www.girlsofelegance.co.uk/acatalog/High-Heel-Wedding-Shoes.html

lots there

how wide fitting? also any budget or style that you like?
  • joho
    joho Posts: 4,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 February 2012 at 11:32AM
    Options
    joho wrote: »
    Omigosh!! :eek: I've just been looking for dresses for jill_b29 for another thread and I think I've found my own!! That probably sounds daft to those of you who don't know or can't remember what happened! But to cut a long story short, I fell in love with a dress in a shop but there were no labels indicating the maker/designer and they would never, and still won't, tell me who the dress is by! I bought it anyway because it was a good price and I loved it, but have been secretly worrying it may have been a copy!

But like I say I think I've found it: :D
    http://wedding-dress.ec51.com/a-line-empire-waist-deep-v-neck-beading-chiffon-wedding-dress-product-2496.html

Now, I know this is a copy but I'm hoping they've used the original photo and that some clever person can help me find who the damn designer is! If however, it is only ever a copy, I'd rather not know - just say you can't find it! :(

Can't enlarge the pic much to get a good look at it (goes blurry) and the pic properties don't help at all!

ETA: It was called Jemima 2 in the shop, but I'm sure that's just the name they gave it. I searched and searched the internet like a mad thing I never found it!

OMG! Again! I've just managed to find out who made my dress! Only 5 months since I got married and over a year since I bought the dress! :j

I was thinking about selling it, but wasn't sure how to without knowing the designer. So I thought that, just once more, I would do a reverse picture search and it came up!!:D

It's a Justin Alexander. Am really chuffed. Simple things eh. :)

ETA: And I thought this thread needed reviving because I still like the challenge of finding dresses for other people and it's a bit quiet. :p
    If you have nothing constructive to say just move along.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure