Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Options

Comments

• nuttienettie
    nuttienettie Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I've not been around much this week, family-life in general reaaly hectic at mo.
    Scatty- CONGRATULATIONS!! Brilliant new challenge too. :j

WELL DONE to Choccy and Rusty too.:T
    DTB hope your managers make their decision soon.
    Thrifty- very sorry to read that life is throwing so much carp at you and your family at the mo. <<BIG HUGS>>
    Tiredmom- delicious fairy food, not sure about fairy sandwiches though. My dd is a bit "odd" about icing,sprinkles etc, she picks it all off and eats just the cakes!
    Tomsmon- hope chemical smell not too overpowering today, and the puss cat had an ok night?
    Hassy- sounds like you're really busy in the garden, hope weather holds for you.
    Paddington- you deserve a medal for your bravery at the dentist, I wolud've done a runner as soon as injection went wrong!!
    Rusty- glad to see you're home, hope you're not overdoing it? My ds (13 yrs) has had to be given strict time limits for xbox, especially what time it goes on and off. Not 100% sure he keeps to it- despite having 2 clocks, a watch, and time on xbox too!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ******:j

Hope Io haven't missed anyone but sending congrats and best wishes and hugs to anyone who needs/wants them.
    I'm really going to try and make time for some cardmaking in next few days, really missing it!
    Will also try keep up on all the blogs too.
  • wishfulcomper
    Options
    Just popping in again. Big hugs to all who need them.

Just back from visiting MIL, who is now in a care home briefly for an assessment, and I go in hospital tomorrow for my op. I have just over a week to recover then I'm back down for MIL coming out the care home!
  • Hassy
    Hassy Posts: 308 Forumite
    Options
    It's raining... :mad:
    Sweet peas are planted, grow bags purchased... no veg planted tho, 2 lots of washing was on line and another ready to go out... fume!!!
    Never mind, I have plenty to do in the house, like catch up on housework.. ironing and still the dreaded conservatory boxes... bleuch!!
    Then tonight I can hopefully do some crafting.. bliss :j
    Self imposed crafty stash ban: started again 22/8/10 1 whole month stash free!
    I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash! :o
  • nuttienettie
    Options
    Wishfulcomper- hope MiL assessment goes well, used to work in care/nursing homes, hope she gets care etc she needs/wants. Hope op goes well, take care of yourself, don't push yourself too hard during recovery time.
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Wishfulcomper, huge good luck wshes for going into hospital and looking after MIL, you've got a lot on your plate, please take things as easy as possible xxx

Hassy, yay I got the Basic Grey paper in the end, Quixotic Paperie and it's lush, far too nice to use really ;)

Lei, fab, I'll get stamping then! I don't have a proper die cutter so any shapes for matting/layering would be great or anything else really, I love getting surprises x

Rusty, huge hugs to you, send your DS down to me for a couple of weeks xxx

Scatty Jan, Choccy & Rusty, well done on winning the challenge and thank you for the new challenge Scatty :)

Padster, glad you got your dentist appointment out of the way, thank you for a fabby challenge, I loved making my card :)

DTB, your bosses sounds like the ones I used to work for. I haven't worked in an office for over 4 years now and the thought of going back once DS2 is at school freaks me out :eek: Good luck xxx
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • OAP1945
    OAP1945 Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all my word you can all chatter this time I made notes!!!! so here goes and in no particular order

Tired mum and Tomsmum - so my identity is revealed and I am following you (as Antonia)
    Pep pop thanks for that ribbon link my OH now knows some crafters are worse than me
    CraftyJuju thanks for the blogger info I thought it was just me
    Hassy thanks for your good wishes and yes Picolax was involved and will be again on th 1st of June such Bliss!!!!!!
    Thrifty so sorry things are carp just now do take care of yourself and if you need to moan you know where we all are. remember:A

Mary,Mr Mary, Rusty, Marg and Wishfullcomper have a hug and will keep you all in my prayers
    Scatty jan great challenge I will get my mojo cap on

If I have missed you sorry it is not intentional xx
  • Tired_Mom
    Tired_Mom Posts: 670 Forumite
    Options
    Just quickly flying on and off as I have about an hour to do about 3 hours worth of jobs, then school run, then rainbows and then playtime as I'm going to another card making workshop tonight. How terrible am I two in one week! Just had say say a huge tahnk you to Choccy, my gorgeous Tilda's have just arrived and she really is such a princess. You are a lovely lady thanks again.

Must dash ......if anyones's putting the kettle on mine's a coffee, white with smidgen of sugar thanks. X
  • nuttienettie
    Options
    Coffee-Lover.jpg

Hope this helps,Tiredmom! Enjoy workshop later you lucky thing- my eveving plans include ironing!!
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Rusty - glad you liked the card it was a bit out of my comfort zone but I was pleased with the final look (photo over on my blog now if anyone wants to have a nosy).

I am sorry but when I opened it I was absolutely amazed at how beautiful it was!!!! Please please please make more cards like this as WOW!! I have been so lucky to have so many lovely cards from each and every one of you and I have a good cry every time I open a new one (I blame the drugs!)
    Sorry I've not been around much this week, family-life in general reaaly hectic at mo.
    Scatty- CONGRATULATIONS!! Brilliant new challenge too. :j

WELL DONE to Choccy and Rusty too.:T[/B]

Sorry I cut your post but what did I do?? :huh:
    Just popping in again. Big hugs to all who need them.

Just back from visiting MIL, who is now in a care home briefly for an assessment, and I go in hospital tomorrow for my op. I have just over a week to recover then I'm back down for MIL coming out the care home!

Wishing you lots of luck, I hoper everything goes well for your op. Please take extra special care of yourself xxxxxxxxxxxx

Rainmac - You can have him if you promise to send him back a bit tougher?? He didn't wake me up as I got up to spend a penny (no not on stash but spend a different penny!!) and heard the fan on his Xbox ... went in he was dressed, wrapped up in duvet and playing new racing games OH gave to him at the weekend (really old ones OH never plays anymore!) I sent him back to bed but OH said he was playing when OH went in this morning to wake him for school. He really struggles with the whole light and dark thing when summer nights are light etc etc and has always been an early riser, luckily he knows he is only allowed his tv set to a certain volume so knows he isn't allowed it any louder!!

Spendy elves just took over at lili of the valley!! :eek: 3 more stamps coming but heard somewhere that they have more being released on 1st June?? might put them ones on birthday wish list :rotfl: ..... now I need to send them spendy elves to oyster and see what they can find for me there!!

P.S Anyone want to buy a brand new pad of basic grey capella? looked through it and I really don't like it but doubt I can send it back to bunny zoe crafts!!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry meant to add that can Gemm please send me her email address either by PM or by email - rustyflange@gmail.com

I have a file for robo to share but now sure who has the machines anymore .... I have so far in the email to send ....

Flourgirl
    Bunbun
    Sylphraven
    Choccy
    CT19720

and then I can't remember who else. so if anyone else has the machine then can you send me a pm or email so I can send the file please :) x
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport