🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What Freebies Have You Received Today?

Options

Comments

• lmcg123cat
    lmcg123cat Posts: 533 Forumite
    Options
    I got 3 matchmaster games today, and four free sims.
  • jellycat40
    jellycat40 Posts: 820 Forumite
    Options
    I had some surf liquid, some menocool tabs, some eyeshadow (had to pay postage on that), some original source and some dog food.

Love those freebies.

Louise
    Nobody is perfect - not even me.
  • WELSH-DRAGON_2
    WELSH-DRAGON_2 Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well sad news on the freebie hunts in the welshy household.

Having looked at the Carphone warehouse ads and the free talk talk broadband, decided to go for it. Wednesday last week my tiscali broadband was disconnected (I was not informed). It took 30 phone calls to get through to the Indian call centre who told me that basically I would have to wait FOUR weeks, yes FOUR weeks for my talk talk broadband modem and starter cd. I pleaded with Tiscali to reconnect me in the short term, but as I am now "enabled" for talk talk they would not. I phoned talk talk again, well tried to and after many calls got through - I was put on hold for 35 mins and told to go to my local carphone warehouse shop and pick up a modem and cd. This I tried - the staff looked at me blankly.

As I have recently started mystery shopping I am now losing money because I cannot search for work or send in reports. I also cannot list anything on ebay. Initially, I was borrowing time at other households to get internet access but now have a dell PC which is set up for dial up. This means, that I am now sat here waiting for pages to load and also I am now paying for this service when Talk Talk tells me I now have broadband on my line.

Which means that unfortunately, I am restricting my time on my PC and not scouring the boards for the latest offers, news or freebies. Anyone, who is looking to join Talk Talk check out the threads on this site first - I really wish I had because I curse the day I joined up.

Now back to freebies, today I received a free whiskas kitten pack.

Welshy x
    ;) I am the only Voucher Queen in my village LOL ;)
  • Edna_Bucket_2
    Edna_Bucket_2 Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ...Having looked at the Carphone warehouse ads and the free talk talk broadband, decided to go for it. Wednesday last week my tiscali broadband was disconnected (I was not informed). It took 30 phone calls to get through to the Indian call centre who told me that basically I would have to wait FOUR weeks, yes FOUR weeks for my talk talk broadband modem and starter cd. I pleaded with Tiscali to reconnect me in the short term, but as I am now "enabled" for talk talk they would not. I phoned talk talk again, well tried to and after many calls got through - I was put on hold for 35 mins and told to go to my local carphone warehouse shop and pick up a modem and cd. This I tried - the staff looked at me blankly.

Sorry to hear that Welshy - I had a bit of the same back in Nov when we took over an old line that still had Bulldog on it (nothing to do with us.)

Perhaps you should contact that nice Mr Charles Dunstone at CPW who is so full of how wonderful his company is and ask him for some compensation for loss of earnings out of his somewhat bulging wallet?

I don't know if this will work (and he may be sensible enough to have changed his email!) but the usual CPW email format would put him as:

dunstonec@cpw.co.uk
  • WELSH-DRAGON_2
    Options
    Thank you Edna I will try that. I wasn't happy with Tesco CS recently and wrote to the top and have been advised that the Chairman of Tescos is currently looking into my complaint.

Welshy x
  • AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, I got loads today. I got:
    An SMA baby towel
    2 scholl footcare samples
    2 Avon lucky dip prizes (both including 2 little pots of upper and lower eye gel)
    An anti cellulite tan enhancer cream from Grazia
    An Orange sim
    An equazen smooth sample
  • aleex
    aleex Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    lipcote sample
    freederm sample
    hellmans scraper
    tesco healthy living clubacrad coupons
  • CharleneUK
    CharleneUK Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Today I received a Whiskas care pack, which will go to my sister, minus the folder which dd1 has nabbed!
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"
  • WELSH-DRAGON_2
    Options
    Today, I had a free postage sizing guide and lots of junk mail. Since our planning permission has been agreed we are getting lots of information from interested parties.

Thanks Edna for the email addy - I have received this response:

Many thanks for your email, I am very sorry that you have had to contact me to get this issue resolved. I have got someone investigating for me and we will be back to you shortly. In the meantime please accept my sincere apologies. Regards Charles Dunstone

Fingers crossed it will be sorted soon - Michelle
  • MinkyMeg
    MinkyMeg Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    WELL the bad news is Screen select charged me after the "free DVD rental I signed up for and cancelled and am still awaiting the free 'joining gift'. AND I received an invoice for a book club which I never even siged up for.

The good news is at the weekend I received a Quattro razor (brill!!), some hugo boss moisturising cream and some Blistex lip balm..which strangely makes your lips feel like they are on fire lol
    Everyone LOVES a freebie!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family