Raigmore Hospital Inverness

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
2 replies 1.6K views
HelenKA_2HelenKA_2 Forumite
234 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Morning,

I am going to Raigmore tomorrow to do the induction element for my Return to Practise.

I am really pleased I've sussed out a fair bit of stuff to save (thank goodness mum is paying for the course - thanks Mum!) including accommodation within the hospital for £10.50 per night!

I think from looking at google maps there is a big Tesco .3 of a mile from the hospital complex called Inshes - can anyone confirm this for me?

My plan is to get a pint of milk from somewhere in the hospital on Sunday towards breakfast on Monday (I'll have a pack up for Sunday to eat, probably on the bus) and then cater from Tesco for the rest of the time I'm there. There is a cooker and kettle plus basic kitchenware available in the accommodation.

I'm getting the coach in to Inverness on Sunday about 6pm and apparently can walk up to the railway station and get the 3a bus to the hospital for £140 - is that right?

Appreciate any further help anyone can give me, and thanks in advance.

Helen

Replies

• I did a work placement up there about 3 years ago, never been back but the following was true then...
    including accommodation within the hospital for £10.50 per night!
    You might want to take extra pillows - the one that was there was dead thin when I was there. Accommodation was otherwise basic but workable.
    I think from looking at google maps there is a big Tesco .3 of a mile from the hospital complex called Inshes - can anyone confirm this for me?
    yes. come out of the hospital from the accommodation/main entrance (they're close to each other and come out across from the pub). Turn left and Tesco is up there on the other side of the road.
    My plan is to get a pint of milk from somewhere in the hospital on Sunday towards breakfast on Monday
    come out the hospital at the same entrance as above but turn right. Right next to the pub there's a convenience store/costcutter type thing you should be able to get some milk and essentials from, depending of course on what time you get there.
    I'm getting the coach in to Inverness on Sunday about 6pm and apparently can walk up to the railway station and get the 3a bus to the hospital for £140 - is that right?
    sounds about right - I had the car up from Edinburgh but the hospital is dead close to the station so bus fare sounds about right (assume you meant £1.40)

hope that helped some.
  • Thank you so much! Yes - £1.40, be expensive ride if £140!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides