We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Silly Q no 2 - How long to cook a pie for?
tigs78
Posts: 539 Forumite
Following on from my 'How to cook an omelette' thread!
Yesterday I bought a lamb and mint pie from a farm shop, the pastry on the top is already cooked. There are no instructions with it so I was wondering whether anyone had an idea as to how long I should cook it for and at what temperature.
I will also be attempting home made yorkies and roast potatoes - how exciting!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Yesterday I bought a lamb and mint pie from a farm shop, the pastry on the top is already cooked. There are no instructions with it so I was wondering whether anyone had an idea as to how long I should cook it for and at what temperature.
I will also be attempting home made yorkies and roast potatoes - how exciting!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
0
Comments
-
tigs78 has someone just thrown you out of your nest. If the pastry is cooked so the contents will be as well. What size is it, is it for one or four or what. Good luck with potatos and yorkies, hey anyone who can cook them surely must be able to heat a pie up!!!!0
-
hi - i'd say temperature wise gas mark 5 or 6, 200 degrees centigrade. How big is it? If it's family size, maybe 30-35 minutes?0
-
That sounds just about right to me.0
-
Its not a silly question. You just need to make sure the pie is heated through thoroughly. Good luck with yorkies and roast spuds, I remember my first attempt, I rang my dad to ask for temps and times, as he was always in charge of cooking sunday lunch, got rest of my cooking/baking tips from my mam though.
Sue0 -
Thanks to everyone for their input...
Pie was lovely (although to be expected as it wasn't made by me!), Roasties were delicious but the yorkies were vile!
They looked lovely and crispy on the outside and rose well but the inside was a raw gooey batter mix - think i'll stick to Aunt Bessie's!0 -
Maybe you had your oven too high? When OH makes them, he has the oven on highest setting to heat fat, then once the batter mix has been put in pudding tray, and put back in oven, he turns the heat down, they always turn out lovely, nice and crispy and well risen.
Sue0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards