Where's the best place to invest my pension

Options
Hi, I'm due to seceive my State Pension & also my NHS pension next month. As I am still employed & do not intend to retire for a while, I was thinking of putting these into some sort of savings account. I think I'll have around £250 (maybe more) per month to invest. I would like an instant access account. I'm not keen on internet banking & after browsing Martin's tips I was thinking of Nationwide at 4.85% or Ipswich at 5.5% Are these the best options?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suggest a moderator moves this to the savings board as there are no pension products or investment products that would be suitable to meet these goals.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • deemy2004
    deemy2004 Posts: 6,201 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I'm due to seceive my State Pension & also my NHS pension next month. As I am still employed & do not intend to retire for a while, I was thinking of putting these into some sort of savings account. I think I'll have around £250 (maybe more) per month to invest. I would like an instant access account. I'm not keen on internet banking & after browsing Martin's tips I was thinking of Nationwide at 4.85% or Ipswich at 5.5% Are these the best options?

if your getting £250 per month or thereabouts then look at the monthly savers i.e. Halifax at 7%, if you have more than £250 per month you could do the Abbey which is also a monthly at 7%, and has a £500 monthly cap.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure