We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Being on the CCJ register SUCKS!

Arrggghhh...I'm being a good girl, and really working hard to clear my debt...however I have 2 CCJs from 'before the light' :rolleyes:

But because I'm on the register, I get sent lots of lovely junk mail, for loans etc.

My favourite so far has been a £100 - £500 loan for the bargain basement price of 177%APR :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MADNESS!!
:cool: Proud DFW Nerd 135 :cool:
Sealed Pot Challenge - 019

Comments

• Broken_hearted
    Broken_hearted Posts: 9,553 Forumite
    The worst I got sent was 39.9 but I havn't got any CCJ's YET!
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• Guinea_2
    Guinea_2 Posts: 505 Forumite
    laurajayne wrote:
    Arrggghhh...I'm being a good girl, and really working hard to clear my debt...however I have 2 CCJs from 'before the light' :rolleyes:

But because I'm on the register, I get sent lots of lovely junk mail, for loans etc.

My favourite so far has been a £100 - £500 loan for the bargain basement price of 177%APR :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MADNESS!!

HOW MUCH?!?!?!?!?!??:eek:

The sad thing is is that someone out there will be that desperate that they WILL take out that loan with 177% APR.:cry:
    :love:Baby Bump born 4th March 2010! :kisses:
  • bluezone
    bluezone Posts: 772 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    companies like that should be banned! thats a disgusting rate to pay
    😁
  • LJD1_2
    LJD1_2 Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    laurajayne wrote:
    177%APR :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MADNESS!!

OMG that is so bad, I didn't realise interest rates could get as high as that. The awful thing is, as someone's already said, some people are so desperate that they'd take that loan out. It's criminal!
    January budget
    Nothing left!
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • Andybez38
    Andybez38 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    laurajayne wrote:

MADNESS!!

I had a similar offer through the pos recently, bet it was something to do with provident :rolleyes:
    I came into this world with nothing and I'm gonna leave with nothing.
  • oakdale_minx
    oakdale_minx Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    I'm guessing Provident, or Vanquish - they have a criminally high APR
  • laurajayne
    laurajayne Posts: 629 Forumite
    Lol, you guessed right, it's our old friends Provident :rolleyes:

That's the point I think...if you have CCJs, then obviously there is money issues somewhere down the line, this just plays on your desperation.

Unfortunatly there is no law on the maximum interest rate...so they get away with it!

I don't do so bad...I've had my lightbulb moment, and I'm working hard to pay my debts off...in fact, paid one in full today :j But what about the poor souls who haven't found MSE yet?

Makes me sick!
    :cool: Proud DFW Nerd 135 :cool:
    Sealed Pot Challenge - 019
  • cmjohnson_86
    cmjohnson_86 Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    Yeah, I borrowed £300 and am payin £440 back.. with Provident. Was desperate at the time.
  • davesgirl_2
    davesgirl_2 Posts: 103 Forumite
    :rolleyes: me and hubby have loans with provident and they are crippling us at the mo:mad:
    debt in june 06:£6290:rolleyes:
    july 1st 06 : £5247.70
    july 20th 06 £4867:T
    hope to be debt free by : july 2007at the latest:D

dfw grocery challenge 20/07-20/08 £240
    spent so far - £75.57_____£164.43 left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.