AAloans

just wondered if anyone had loans with AA(rbs) and run into difficulties?

Were they

helpful
sympathetic
or allowed a payment break?

if we defaulted any payments what would happen?

would it screw ourcredit rating.
would like 1-3months breaktogive us breathing space but dont thinkthey would allow this.
pad by xmas2010 £14,636.65/£20,000::beer:
Pay off as much as I can 2011 £15008.02/£15,000:j

new grocery challenge £200/£250 feb

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON:D,Onwards and upward2013:)

Comments

• I have dealings with the AA loans people part of Bank of Scotland group, when i missed some payments due to being out of work they hassled with calls everyday despite me writing to them. I did speak on the phone to them to arrange some reduced payments.

They eventually handed me over to their in-house team who were a real pain who kept ringing me. Apparently if you go more than 5 months in arrears they pass your account over to Blair, Oliver and Scott a Debt collection agency and the AA do not deal with you again. I owe 10K and my payments are 189/mth, i rang them and said i can afford on £50/mth and they said it was fine and they would review in a few more months. And yes i did go over 5 mths in arrears!

This debt collection agency then collect the payments on behalf of the AA.

Not sure if it is in the small print of my original credit agreement that i now only deal directly with this collection agency and never talk to the AA again as that was who my original financial agreement was with.
  • gailey_2
    gailey_2 Posts: 2,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Havent missed any payments yet and hes hubbys had aa loan for many years.
    its nearly 400quid a month so a lot.

Would be last resort defaulting this although credit rating bad at the moment hoping it will recover as would like to try and buy in few years debts cleared.

So to get any chance of reduced payments would have to be passed on to blair oliver?so not payfor 5months?

• ELMA97
    ELMA97 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Hi
    I have a loan with AA(Bank of Scotland), I only went 1 month into arrears and went on a dmp with CCCS and they defaulted me and passed my account to Apex. I now pay them a reduced payment every month which is reviewed in a few months. Just wanted to let you know my experience so far. Didn't have any phone calls prior to account being passed though just default letter.
  • gailey_2
    gailey_2 Posts: 2,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for input theres very little info on their website about if you having difficulties.So guessing they wont be sympathetic or agree to repayment break.
    Dont want a default onfile.

Keep saying we get to april and reveiw the matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure