Spam claiming to be from Martin Lewis

cirrusmp
cirrusmp Posts: 247 Forumite
<Please Delete>

Comments

• I've just had a spam e-mail too - this time not from 'Claims Direct' but supposedly from 'Elephant.co.uk' !! This was was trying to sell me a personal loan. Fortunately my spam filter picked up the e-mail as not being what it seemed and it has now been deleted. The subject line said something about me having got funding. I thought I would alert everyone too to this as it seems it might be from a different source.

I agree it is probably illegal to use someone's name like this, but think that it may be difficult to stop as they may argue that 'Martin Lewis' is quite a common name - i.e. there are lots of them about! Still it was very misleading and what a blooming cheek to use the name of such a well known MoneySavingExpert.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you for these folks - can you do me a favour and forward them to richard at money saving expert dot com (sorry i havent done the link other wise it'd attact spam)

This is outrageous and needs dealing with.

Thanks
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport