🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Notice to newcomers RE: Trolls part 2

Options

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    I see you lot have been having a busy day.

:mad:Why do people think this is a discussion forum, it really annoys me when people think that is an excuse "I'm having a discussion, is discussion not allowed on an open forum" - well if they want discussion then pi$$ off to the discussion time section and leave the rest of us alone :mad:.
    This may be an open forum but its still a privately owned website and it seems fair to me that the owner gets to lay down his rules.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tixy wrote: »
    I see you lot have been having a busy day.

:mad:Why do people think this is a discussion forum, it really annoys me when people think that is an excuse "I'm having a discussion, is discussion not allowed on an open forum" - well if they want discussion then pi$$ off to the discussion time section and leave the rest of us alone :mad:.
    This may be an open forum but its still a privately owned website and it seems fair to me that the owner gets to lay down his rules.

Thanks Tixy, It's so awful.....I bet we've lost so many who wanted help this afternoon, thinking this is how it 'normally is' :mad:
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • confused76
    confused76 Posts: 12,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well said tixy...i agree, people are allowed to come on and post deliberately provocative stuff under the guise of discussion, and no-one can stop them. frustrating when people genuinely need help :(

nice to see you, hope you are well? x
  • Tixy
    Options
    Yeah I'm good thanks confused -how are you.

I wonder if these types of posters ever stop to think that people are sometimes literally suicidal when they first come and post on here or even on DFW. So he gets to play at being the big man, righteous and bold (and then get some posting friends to come over and congratulate him) not thinking that could be the last straw for some people.
    How can people have so little empathy and compassion?
    And how come they never seem to see the posts where occasionally new posters who are obviously just avoiding debt for no reason are rightly told that their attitude stinks.
  • confused76
    confused76 Posts: 12,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    couldn't agree more Tixy......:mad:

i'm fine thanks :) x
  • Tixy
    Options
    And on a lighter note

bump.jpg
  • IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Tixy :A Spoon :A and 3Dogs :A for today xx;)

A good night all bump........x

bump-17.jpg
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    Options

I wonder if these types of posters ever stop to think that people are sometimes literally suicidal when they first come and post on here or even on DFW. So he gets to play at being the big man, righteous and bold (and then get some posting friends to come over and congratulate him) not thinking that could be the last straw for some people.
    And how come they never seem to see the posts where occasionally new posters who are obviously just avoiding debt for no reason are rightly told that their attitude stinks.

Too true Tixy, it infuriates me, they always pick on the "weakest" - bullies all of them and I hate bullies:mad:
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • betterlatethannever
    Options

Brilliantly put Trixy :j
    God bless you and those with feelings for others :A
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • Geebee
    Geebee Posts: 3,081 Forumite
    edited 23 May 2010 at 8:47AM
    Options
    A litle bump from over yonder...
    AnimatedWooHooMouse.gif?t=1274600555

Originally Posted by peppa-pig viewpost.gif
    as originally posted by So Sad Angel:

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if we have this thread over here on BR board but DFW bump this often so that newcomers new & old are aware of the possibility of `troll` issues.

They `bump` it along regularly to keep it in peoples minds. Perhaps it would work over here?

Pania`s words are so brilliant I could`nt better them myself so I copied as below.

Angelxx

Notice to newcomers re trolls.
    Hi everybody.

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll? A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made.

If you should get a comment made on any thread you post asking for help and advice please realise this comment is not directed at you personally.
    We really are all a lovely bunch here (oops, modest, sorry) so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal.

what should i do if i get a comment made on my thread?

firstly do not respond to the comment as this invariably is what the person wants. At the bottom of the post, on the left hand side is a red "warning" triangle. Click this and then "send" the message that comes up. This will report the message to abuse who will review it's content and delete it.

The person we had this morning was particularly vile and nasty and please believe me is an extreme rarity here.
    Above all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE BOARDS. THIS SITE IS AN ASSET TO SO MANY, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT FEELS THE WORLD IS FALLING IN ON YOU. THERE IS SUCH A WEALTH OF ADVICE HERE TO BE HAD THAT THE COMMENTS OF ONE MUST NOT DETER YOU FROM AVAILING YOURSELF OF THE KNOWLEDGE HERE!!!!

It is testament to the work that martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time knowledge and experience freely to others, without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT.

Kind wishes
    P
    xxxxx
    If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them~Dalai Lama
    How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours~Wayne Dyer
    Let none find fault in others. Let none see omissions and commissions in others. But let one see one's own acts, done and undone~ch4 vs50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport