Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Thanks for the inspiration

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
1 reply 501 views
Willow_KWillow_K Forumite
177 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
Hi all MSE'ers

I just wanted to say hello to all you lovely people and thank you for the inspiration you have given me to sort my finances out.

I discovered these forums a few weeks ago and have been madly lurking ever since picking up loads of hints and tips.

I'm posting this on the MFW board because although I currently have no desire to be entirely MF (due to a completely unbeatable mortgage deal and a desire to upgrade in a few years time) I will be increasing my mortgage in the short-term to pay off some outstanding long term loans in April but would love to be able to pay this increase, along with additional funds we withdrew for rennovation as soon as possible.

The aim is to get back to the level we would have been at on our original mortgage as soon as possible.

Anyway - just thought I'd say hi and thanks and keep up the fabulous inspiration! :D

Replies

• black_taxi_2black_taxi_2 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    main tip for you is TARGET each loan or payment

you will find you will prob pay it off faster than you think--then move to next one.
    £48515 interest £181 (2009)debt/mortgage-MFIT/T2/T3
    debt/mortgage free 28/11/14
    vanguard shares index isa £1000
    credit union £400
    emergency fund£500
    #81 save 2018£4200
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks