Hairbrush

Hello everyone, sorry if this has already been posted before but could anyone recommend a nice hairbrush for me. My hair is in a graduated bob above my shoulders (not sure if you need this information or not) and I want to spend no more than £10 - any recommendations.

Thanks.:p
Mortgage Free
Save £5,000 in 2020[CENTER
:j

Comments

• Humphrey10
    Humphrey10 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    I always use one of these: http://www.denmanbrush.com/acatalog/Classic_Styling.html
    They last a long time, they are pleasant to hold (nice shape and weight), and the bristles don't bend or break like I've had with some other brushes. They are easy to clean too, you can take the bristles and rubber bit out to wash them.
  • I love my denman brush - I have a large one in the house and a small one in my handbag. Best brush I have ever owned.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you can get one, a tangle teaser brush is excellent- I loved mine so much that when some low-life stole it out of my cosmetics bag at the gym I went and bought a new one. They are great for being very quick to use and you feel far less pain if you do have any tangles in your hair. Also the palm-to-grip type hold (as oppose to a handle) gives you a bit more control. They rrp at around £10.

Otherwise (if you were adamant you wanted a handle!) the Tresemme brushes (boots sell them) are actually really good too.

A nice brush I had was by a company called Head Shotz or something similar, but beware of getting a reduced one, I bought one from Boots which was fine (a massive paddle brush) then got a smaller one reduced from John Lewis a few months later. The rubber began to disintegrate shortly after and the bristles came out! I had not kept the receipt so lost out £4 or so, just check the rubber hasn't gone white or hard or anything if you do chose one of those brushes. Very good otherwise, very soft and bristles don't feel painful or too hard like some (boots own brand!) brushes.

Tesco also have some good brushes, the paddle brushes are good but may be too large for a small bob.
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I also vote Denman, but I like the paddle brushes, I have a large one

http://www.denmanbrush.com/acatalog/Paddle.html
  • EC12345
    EC12345 Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :beer: Thank you everyone. I am going to look round the shops tomorrow and look at the Denman brushes .
    Mortgage Free
    Save £5,000 in 2020[CENTER
    :j
  • Hi ive just started using the large philip kingsley brush, stops static and gives me salon blow dry results. This is my fave beauty find so far as i have unruly hair and since ive been using it ive not needed to use ghd,s as much. Jem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure