Help! Mums Pre Wedding do (not quite a hen night!)

Options
Hiya everyone..

I am looking for some inspiration please!

My mum gets married in a couple of weeks... it's quite low key. She doesn't want a hen night as such, so we have arranged what we are calling her 'pre-wedding do'.

I am having it at my house next weekend and have got probably about 12 people coming (which are mainly relatives and a close friend of mums - age ranges are from about 24 to 80 {as my nan is coming too!}).

I'm not really sure what I am asking here - I will be putting on a buffet and will be having drinks etc, but I am really struggling for ideas to keep people entertained and also nice little finishing touches - it's not going to be a wild night so crazy games and things like that are out of the question really.

Can anyone help with ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Dizzie77
    Dizzie77 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    How about something like interactive games....Who wants to be a millionaire for example?? Get two teams - old and young perhaps?? and compete against each other for silly prizes.

Why not revert to youth and have a pin the tail on the donkey???
    After a few drinks, that is hilarious...!!

You can still have forfeits and stuff - just tone them down so you don't embarass nan!!
    Why does nobody say Thank You anymore??:mad:
    Debt Free as of September 2011 :j
    Sealed Pot 2009 number 334 - £100 Saved! yey!!
    Sealed Pot 2010 number 334 - £116.51 Saved! Yey!! YIPPEE!!
  • lexuslass
    lexuslass Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, that's great... the games would be a good one - we have a few good team ones on the wii and playstation.

x
  • MoneySaver82
    MoneySaver82 Posts: 117 Forumite
    edited 30 January 2010 at 2:02PM
    Options
    Would she maybe like some kind of 'beauty treatments'? Even maybe something simple like having someone to come and do everyone's nails - even nan can enjoy that!

Or if you're looking something sillier - perhaps karaoke/singalong games like you get on the wii/playstation??

What kind of things is she into/general interests?

- Just seen your latest post as well - my friend did a family 'games day' with all ages and they had various board games - pictionary/etc and then added in silly things like skipping and stuff - where the grandad just walked over the rope once to join in too!
  • picklepick
    picklepick Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How about organising a body shop at home party? she will get a makeover and you can all sit about trying all the different make up and smellies?

im not sure how much they cost though.
    What matters most is how well you walk through the fire
  • lexuslass
    lexuslass Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Options
    What kind of things is she into/general interests?

That's where I am stuck.. she doesn't really have any interests.... she spends most of her free time running errands for my nan!
  • birduk
    birduk Posts: 466 Forumite
    Options
    Ah I was going to suggest you did beauty treatments on each other- you all bring something you are good at. How about a quiz for her to see how well she knows her fiance?
  • angel13
    angel13 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    Options
    are any of the decorations or gifts for guests things that could be made? as a bit of an art party? for example id like 1001 paper cranes which i will be making for my day so IF i had a party beforehand some help with them would be great!

otherwise if you want to go out a pottery place would be good some near here let you paint a pot or plate etc and do food as well for the evening.

otherwise how about getting a fortune teller to come around for the evening?
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure how much a bodyshop party costs but the host gets 70% off products and some freebies..their phone number is 0800 0929090 - everyone gets a makeover too
  • hayleythedaisy
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they are free. It's a way for the reps to sell and make their money!
    Bump due 22nd September
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport