Open University Tesco Reward Tokens to be restricted?

Options
Hi all (forgive me i'm new to this!)

I study with the Open University and was just talking to one of their registration representatives. In the course of a discussion he revealed that as of June this year, the Open University will only be accepting Tesco Reward Tokens for Level 1 Undergraduate Courses, and so it would be best for me to use tokens for registrations before June 2010.

I presume that most undergraduate courses (the ones they accept the tokens for) are Level 1, so i don't know how much this will effect other people. However, I am undertaking the Psychology Conversion Course which is classified as an Undergraduate course but consists of two Level 2 Modules and a Level 3 module, so this does affect me - I had planned to weight my shopping toward Tescos for the longer term because of the OU Rewards! I'm not sure what residential schools are classified as... Anyway, I just wanted to put that information out there incase it effects anyone else.

Obviously I can't take any responsibility for this information, but i would advise anyone who is / was planning on collecting Tesco Tokens for the purpose of using them with the OU to ring up and check their validity - I would have been very annoyed if i had been collecting for a number of months to be told Tokens weren't valid for an undergraduate course due to the level of the module. I don't know how well advertised this will be later on - they may be very open about it nearer the time - but I hadn't heard about it until now.

Anyway, heads up OU students!

xx

Comments

• telly-addict
    Options
    There are lots of the undergraduate courses that are level 2 and 3 and are affected by this change, since of the 360 points needed for an OU degree, usually only 120 or fewer are allowed at level 1.
    The OU website confirms that you must register for a course by 31 May to use your rewards tokens for a level 2 or 3 course. I'm hoping I will have received the May mailing of tokens and got them processed in time.
    At least there is advance notice so you can consider the order in which you take your courses, it's certainly prompted me to take my level 2 Maths next.
  • meowsley
    Options
    Recieved this message from the OU a couple of days ago:

"Changes to Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens scheme
    The terms and conditions relating to the use of Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens for University courses will be changing at the end of May (2010).

From 1st June 2010 Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens can only be used for Level 1 courses (not level 2 or 3).

This change was brought about from a review of the scheme, in the light of the current economic situation that all universities are facing.

Until 31st May 2010, you can continue to use Tesco Clubcard Rewards Tokens as full or part payment for any undergraduate level course that is open for registration, which includes courses with October 2010 and February 2011 start dates. Registration must be complete before 1st June 2010.

After that date, Tokens may only be used in registrations for Level One courses..."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure