Brother BC2100 - sewing machine

Options
helloooo.

My sewing machine died today, I'm not too upset as it was my 1st machine and a cheap one that I bought just to see if I liked sewing and would actually do it. I do and I do! So now it has died (won't pick up stitches and I can't get to the inside bit to try and fix it).

I have been looking and would like to invest in one, with a view that it will last me for years and years (not just 1 yr like this one).

I have got my eye on the Brother BC2100 and wondered if anyone has got one and can give me the low down on it.

xx
"People buy things they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like" - Clive Hamilton on Consumerism.

Comments

• Mummy_Jo
    Mummy_Jo Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't advise on this one but I have had a Brother Super Ace II for 7 years and it is brilliant! I paid £500 for it and bought it directly from one of the big exhibitions in Birmingham at the NEC. After a deposit They allowed me to pay for it over 1 year interest free which worked out at £33 a month which I did find affordable. I decided upon after taking advice and I was told that a machine with a computerised stepper motor (hope I have remembered that right) was a good one to go for as it will easily tackle things like bulkier fabrics and jeans seams - which is does a treat.

The advice was right I can not see myself needing to change it for anything unless I really get into embroidery!

It was a good investment and I am pleased I spent the extra on it. I think the exhibtion is in March time. - They even allow me a £100 trade in on my very old and broken machine too. May be worth considering...

Jo
    xxx
  • jollymummy
    Options
    I've just bought a Brother LS 2125 for £69 from Argos, I 'm really pleased with it.
    :hello:
    NSD 3/366
    4/366. 2016 Decluttering challenge
  • The_Moog_2
    Options
    I have this one.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-1559.aspx

I have yet to try it out, but a friend has it and swears by it.
  • GemmaB78
    Options
    Yes I have this model. My old Singer died back at the end of November and spent AGES researching which one to get. I wanted to spend around £200 and felt that this one offered a good range of stitches, including an automatic buttonhole.

I'm really pleased with it. I used it extensively to make A LOT of Christmas presents. I've put it away at the moment as I'm trying to learn crochet and don't want the distraction! I bought it from Sewing Machines Direct and got a couple of nice freebies thrown in. A soft case, an extension table, a set of scissors and LOADS of spools of thread.
  • trixietoes
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I changed my mind in the end and went with Janome Simplicity DM2000, and I love it. Totally recommend it to anyone.
    "People buy things they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like" - Clive Hamilton on Consumerism.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure