How do you cope?

Options
I fear I may sound daft, but I feel like I am going a bit headmental!:p

To cut a long story short, we have been engaged since last June, and are in the process of planning our wedding. My H2B is in the Forces, so we can't set a date until we find out where is next posting is (in case he has to go abroad on detachment, it would be sods law we set the date, and then he had to go!). We should find out in Oct, to start in Jan, so we may have to move.
Not being able to set the date is really starting to bother me!!!! Its like I am able to get 60% excited, as nothing is set in stone (other than the fact we are getting married, thankfully thats a given, well I hope!!). We have our venue decided (they only take bookings 6 mths before the date as its a private members place and that is their rule, so I am ok with that!), colours, style of invites etc all decided, and this year I will be making them, going to sugarcraft classes to decorate the cake, start looking for a dress after the summer (so I have fought some flab!), bought other bits and pieces, but I am desperate to set the date!
I think I may be round the bend by the time it actually comes!

What do you do to cope when you are living, breathing, eating, reading and speaking weddings? Please help! :eek::rotfl:

Comments

• anderson8
    anderson8 Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    i come on here!
    i do feel a little uneasy, im getting married at the end of july and everything is done now. i just want to be getting married!
    im sure youll feel better when you have set a date.
    like you im going to be making invites and crafty things for my weddings so hopefully that should keep you going.
    youve got plenty time to trawl shops and the internet for the dress of your dreams also!
  • kelda_shelton
    kelda_shelton Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 January 2010 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Tartan.. why not trying to get married before next Jan?

Its def doable..I organised mine all in 11 months & 1 day and stillmanaged to be MSE with cool and original flairs too.

(I had button bouquets for me and the BMs & FGs and we had a roulette table at night... plus a christmas theme, and the brass band I play in played for us walk in in signing register ans walking out)
  • tartantotty
    Options
    Tartan.. why not trying to get married before next Jan?

Its def doable..I organised mine all in 11 months & 1 day and stillmanaged to be MSE with cool and original flairs too.

(I had button bouquets for me and the BMs & FGs and we had a roulette table at night... plus a christmas theme, and the brass band I play in played for us walk in in signing register ans walking out)

I wish we could! However, H2B has been based in the Midlands since Dec, and is there until Jan 2011, and I am in the NE Scotland, as we felt for the sake of a year there was no point in me moving as we would have had to get my house up to rent out-able standards, and I would have needed to find a new job, all at fairly short notice. If it was more than a year I would have gone, but all things considered we felt this was the best course of action financially, and my career wise. I miss him like mad, but am going down to visit in March. It will be first time I have seen him since Christmas, I cant wait! :T
    I will be moving ready for when H2B starts his new posting (assuming he doesnt get posted back up here, I should be so lucky!), but having this year will mean I can get all the bits done that need done to the house (you know the things that you never quite get round to doing and eventually dont notice anymore! ;)). And I will also be able to start job hunting in October when we find out.

More importantly, I am a bit, what would you say, curvacious......., em cuddly......no, fat!!!! and I need that time to lose weight!!! (all 5 stone of it - eek! :eek:)

Thats ace that you got everything sorted in under a year, I might be contacting you for advice yet!
  • kelda_shelton
    Options
    yes, i guess that might be a lot to do all at the one time.. where would you be having the weddding at home in NE Scotland? (I'm ayrshire btw...)
  • tartantotty
    Options
    yes, i guess that might be a lot to do all at the one time.. where would you be having the weddding at home in NE Scotland? (I'm ayrshire btw...)

Yea, We are having it in Aberdeen, as I am from near there originally, although I live further North now!
    Its dinging of snow here right now, took me 2 hours to drive 13 miles up the A90 at 7am this morning! The joys of the frozen North! :)
  • Mme.Hibou
    Mme.Hibou Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    More importantly, I am a bit, what would you say, curvacious......., em cuddly......no, fat!!!!
    You're beautiful!

We planned our wedding in next to no time - easy peasy! X
    ,___,
    (oVo)
    /)vvv)
    /m m
  • kelda_shelton
    Options
    Lydia82 wrote: »
    You're beautiful!

Hee! See another vote for moving fast! (Even in the snow!)
  • tartantotty
    Options
    Lydia82 wrote: »
    You're beautiful!

Bless you my dear, I do carefully vet my pics before they go on FB to try and avoid the triple chin look :o!!! Another 1.5lbs at fatties this morning though, so thats 11.5 since Christmas, I am determined to get to a stone by next week! ! If I look half as good as you did in your wedding pics I will be delighted!

I keep getting completed over excited about the wedding though, my poor mums ears must be red raw!! I should avoid this forum, it just adds fuel to the fire!!! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure