** Shiny New Diary 2010 **

Options
Hey All

After some time away I am back. I lost my job last February and ended up finding one (thankfully) in May 2009. Its local and pays a lot less but its a job.

I have been told recently that my (and thousands of other people across the country!) fixed term contract will not be renewed in December 2010. I know its a way off but I wanted to find a new job anyway, so I am searching for one back in London.

I have been to a couple of interviews with no luck so far.

That aside, I unfortunately made my debt slightly more than it was when I left (about £3k more lol). :eek:

But I am now ready to start trying to pay it off again (after a nasty shock from a debt from 2003, and some lovely baliffs!).

So, I have updated my signature with my total amount. £4,650 of that is owed to a family member (my mum!) so does not have interest, so will try and pay the crippling CC debt first and then the others.

Most of my debts have got payment plans in place (overdraft etc.) but I will be trying to pay them off slightly quicker after the CC.

So, enough of the waffle, I am back and I hope to be interest paying debt free by the end of 2010, and then I hope to of paid my mum back by September 2011. So then I should be debt free. This is all worked out on the wages I am currently on, so if I do happen to get another job in the meantime I will re-work it all out.

So, wish me luck... I have a feeling I will need it.

;)

xxx
Debt: just my mortgage :D

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hey hun let me be the first to wish you luck in your journey. Good for you coming back. I'll be popping in to check progress and give you a gentle nudge in the right direction should you need it.

Missy
  • **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Missy xx

Well I am feeling quite positive today, so thats good.

Roll on payday next week lol

xxx
  • **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Ooo some semi-good news re: my old council tax bill and the bailiffs (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2214635). I have spoken to my Letting Agent and they said I moved out 14th February, and CT bill is for up to 15th March.

I have spoken to the Council and have forwarded them an email from the Letting Agent, so shall see what they say. They tried to make out I was lying for a bit, but its there in black and white, and I said they could ring the LA direct if they needed to.

It wont mean much off the bill, but hopefully it will make them take back the debt and issue a new bill, which I should be able to pay directly with the Council, rather than the baliffs. Just hope it gets sorted soon as the bailiffs have said that they cant stop the procedure (i.e. them coming around) until the Council tells them to.

Fingers crossed that will happen tomorrow at the latest.

Anyway, thats made me feel a bit better.

xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family