Comments

• brighthair
    Options
    no, never used it
  • FabSascha
    FabSascha Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't feel a primer can do anything that careful application of concealer and powder over a good eye cream can't do - but then that's just from my experience. If you want really strong colours you might want to consider wetting a brush before applying the colour. Also Maybelline do really good strong colours.
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FabSascha wrote: »
    I don't feel a primer can do anything that careful application of concealer and powder over a good eye cream can't do - but then that's just from my experience. If you want really strong colours you might want to consider wetting a brush before applying the colour. Also Maybelline do really good strong colours.

Ah but not in every colour of the rainbow :D and I have to say, not as bright as Mac, as much a Maybelline fan as I am (and I am) Mac's eyeshadows are much better IMO!
  • miss_independent
    Options
    I'm a MAC addict - MAC is my Crack :rotfl:! I'm also a dancer so I have had to use alot of out there colours etc and have to say Barry M and GOSH are products I also often use but they are about 70% of the quality of MAC IMHO. I have alot of trouble with messy application, lack of staying power etc and this is after using a primer, but it could just be my skin! I do know alot of other dancers feel the same as me though. I would rather buy MAC even if I had to save up as their eyeshadows and pigments last for ages! And I mean AGES. If you do look up the makeup tutorials mentioned on youtube (I would also add KandeeJohnson as she is my favourite!) they often have tutorials on must have colours and products to start out with. And as others have said Spektra is amazing - you will get addicted to the forums though lol!

I don't know if you ever go to America? Just thought it was worth mentioning, if you did, they have the Company Cosmetics Outlet in there Outlet stores and they have loads of discounted MAC - I got a lot of stuff for about £25 over the summer, eyeshadows and lippies were around £5 each. A couple of years ago when it was $2 to the £ I managed to get everything I needed for literally half price in the normal US MAC stores/counters. How I long for those days again!
  • princessl84
    Options
    i love mac. I got studio fix, a blush lip gloss and a cover up for £60 so not to bad there stuff is amazing i wouldnt use anything else
  • FairyShazza
    FairyShazza Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    Options
    brighthair wrote: »
    frontcovercosmetics.com - all good stuff

I brought their eyeshadow kit in the Boots post christmas sale last year and personally I thought the eyeshadows were terrible quality, had a distinct lack of pigmentation and wore off quickly.

They do some lovely kits but I purposely wouldn't buy any this year because of how disapointed I was with the one I brought last year :(
    One day Rodney we'll be millionaires
    £2020 in 2020 - Running Total £17
  • Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone near the Swindon Outlet Centre - they have an Estee Lauder outlet there now MAC eyeshadows are £8.50 . Also cheaper Clinique and some Prescriptives.
  • ames100
    ames100 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    big mac fan here!

i would say it is worth investing in some of them as its hard to find great colour payoff with some finishes from the drug store ie- all barry m's are shimmery where as mac has 6 or 7 different finishes and blend really well. Also they are not as cheap as you think for instant a mac shadow is typically £10 ish for 1,5g of product where as nars are £15 each but you get 3.5g of product.

sleek shadows are good but pallettes come in disproportionate amounts of shimmer v matte shades- seriously good quality for the price.

also on mac shadows if you buy them in pro pan form they are £8.50 ie without packaging so you can put them in a large palette- they also fit the cheap palletes from elf, and there is also the back to mac programme which is when you return 6 i think it is packaging articles you get to pick a free lipstick

hth
    keep calm and carry on :rotfl:

may toiletries IN- 7 UU- 13

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills