PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Epsom Salts

Options
I have been given a bag of Epsom salts which I accepted on the grounds that I don't turn anything down. What can I use them for?

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi exlibris,

I found these couple of links which suggest you can use them in the bath:

Epsom Bath Salts

Make your own bath salts

Pink
  • jenniferpa
    jenniferpa Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Options
    Do you garden? (Copied from Organic gardening for dummies)

Epsom salt: Epsom salt not only helps tired feet; it's a fertilizer too! Containing magnesium (10 percent) and sulfur (13 percent), Epsom salt is a fast-acting fertilizer that you can apply in a granular form or dissolve in water and spray on leaves as a foliar fertilizer. Tomatoes, peppers, and roses love this stuff! Mix 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt in a gallon of water and spray it on when plants start to bloom.
  • exlibris
    exlibris Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pink

The bath salts look good - maybe a homemade Christmas present if the feet don't need it first.

Thanks jenniferpa yes I am a gardener (novice) Will def try this when my toms finally flower.
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    Don't know what Manchester soil is like. I garden on limey London clay. Azaleas and other lime-hating plants that I insist on growing respond well to epsom salts in water to stop the leaves going yellow.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • exlibris
    exlibris Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    Churchmouse thank you

I have some house plant azaleas which need re-potting but I keep forgetting to get the lime free compost. I think I will try mixing the salts with the normal compost and see if it works. Will only try with one though.

I will have to wait a bit as going on hols tomorrow so I wont be able to watch it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure