No Reply

Options
I have had no reply from one of my creditors. This is a debt collecting agency that shocked me into having my light bulb moment.

They use to phone me and try and bully the money out of me. At the end of May i sent a letter with copy of budget plan (devised with CAB) with an offer of payment. I got no reply. I sent a second letter last week stating i had, had not communication from them and could they put any correspondance in writing to enable me to take it with me to CAB. It has now been a week and no reply. I am worried they are up to something as at first they were saying they would send visitors to the door or take me to court.

Should I send another copy of my DMP and letter stating this is my third attempt and CC in CAB???
DFW NERD 276: Proud to be dealing with my debts.
Champagne taste and lemonade money!!! ;)
Light bulb moment May 8th 2006

Comments

• Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A lot of these companies are set up to deal by phone and either take debit card payments or payments by direct debits (because they control the amount taken and have the only record of whats agreed). Once you actually deal with them in writing they are chronically slow. Many just sent the account back or sell it on because they can't be bothered. You need to play it cool and wait them out. Whilst waiting keep sending whatever payment you have offered them and see what happens. Try to send cheques so you can see when they are cashed.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • hazeyj
    hazeyj Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Good points i agree with the above.
    I love this site :beer:
  • milliejon
    milliejon Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    I agree. I have one company who I have never heard from in 20 months, but I have always paid them the amount as promised. I even update them when things change and have still not heard from them.

Perhaps you could write to them with something along these lines (amended from one taken from the National Debtline website):
    We are writing to follow up our letter regarding a reduced payment plan. We are are concerned that you have not been able to respond to us yet. The majority of our other creditors have accepted the offers made to them and we have commenced payments.

In the light of the other creditors agreeing to our repayment plan, please would you reconsider our offer. We will be making the payments in line with the offer to your company, on a weekly basis, as a gesture of goodwill.

I hope this helps and good luck.
    DMP mutual support number 174
    Total debt now (April 10) £0! - total paid off £30,221 or 100%
    I'm now debt free after 6 years!!:j
    Non smoker since June 2006 :j
  • lightatendoftunnel?
    Options
    Thanks i will try that tomorrow.
    DFW NERD 276: Proud to be dealing with my debts.
    Champagne taste and lemonade money!!! ;)
    Light bulb moment May 8th 2006
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport