For those people asking about the Monsoon sale ... Look at Asda!

Sorry for the long post but I am just so pleased with my recent buys.

I bought a couple of things from Monsoon at the beginning of summer and I could have literally bought the whole shop. They have such beautiful clothes in this collection which are really flattering. Trouble is they are not cheap at approx £50 per skirt.

I picked up my new Asda magazine (for the vouchers in true MSE style) and when I flicked thorugh it I found a couple of really similar skirts in there so I hot footed over to the Leicester huge store yesterday and I was amazed.

I have never bought clothes from Asda before but I was really impressed with some of the range. They look JUST LIKE the Monsoon skirts and tops, you could hardly tell any difference with one of them!

I bought 2 skirts and 2 really lovely just above the waist stylish cardigan tops for £40 (before the vouchers I used)! I would have bought more but they didn't have my size in the skirt I had originally gone for.

BUT

Best of all ...

Thanks to the post from 'julynne' on the newspaper money off section, I discovered that in tomorrows Sun newspaper you can get a further 25% off!

Now I think that is a bargain by anybodys standards! I'm going to get the paper and go back next week!

Also, I noticed they had packs of 5 pairs of mens cotton socks for £1!!!!

How on earth do they do it?

No, for anybody asking, I don't work for Asda! I was so pleased with my goodies that I am going to email them to say how highly I think of this seasons collection.

BTW - I didn't rate everything, a lot of it is just bog standard. I just love some of the pieces, in particularly the 'monochrome range' page 54 onwards in the July catologue!

Comments

• bedshaped
    bedshaped Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have read somewhere that the voucher is valid tomorrow only so check before you buy if you know you wont be able to use it tomorrow.
    Thanks to the post from 'julynne' on the newspaper money off section, I discovered that in tomorrows Sun newspaper you can get a further 25% off!

Now I think that is a bargain by anybodys standards! I'm going to get the paper and go back next week!
  • Felicity
    Felicity Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I saw this was moved .... where to?

Doesn't tell you on the thread, just says it was moved.
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Felicity wrote:
    I saw this was moved .... where to?

Doesn't tell you on the thread, just says it was moved.

Its been moved to the 'shop but dont drop' forum
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • rebeccaj
    rebeccaj Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    if you click on the moved thread it takes you the board it is on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure