'Flip me now for a wonky smile! (Warning! Involves unseemly pics)' blog discussion

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Please click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I prefer this one of you martin with Kirstie Alsopp:

Phil-Kirstie-1-lg--gt_full_width_landscape.jpg

:D:D:D
  • Happy_Girl_2
    Options
    Why can you not use the one from your blog where you are facing the right way, and just tidy it up a bit to get rid of the background?
  • Simon_c_2
    Options
    There was something on Horizen the other week about Dogs. Apparently humans are "left side biased" so we always look to the left half of the face first to read mood and emotions (and dogs have learned this too).

Humans have therefor also evolved to be more expressive on the right side of their face. So, when you swap the sides round, your expression looks wrong as a picture where you were smiling suddenly looks like you are less than happy.

It's still on iplayer if you're interested.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pssgh/Horizon_20092010_The_Secret_Life_of_the_Dog/
  • DJ_Mike
    DJ_Mike Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is the smile still photoshopped in "Darren's version" (the one with the fake hair)? It actually looks better than the "Final one" you posted above it - more natural.
  • LimeLight
    LimeLight Posts: 8,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lol that 'final pic' looks like you need a shave.

Though, not too sure on the afro on Darren's version lol
    just passing through.... Nothing to see....
  • angelsriches
    Options
    You actually look younger in these pics than the previous one......! Phwoaaaarrrrrr xx
    This is not the beginning of the end;
    This is the end of the beginning......
  • oscarhugo
    oscarhugo Posts: 492 Forumite
    Options
    In 'The Final Pic!' it seems that Darren has 'whitened' your eyes -- so that you look like a Terry Gilliam animation from "Monty Python" - but, hey!, that's just MY opinion! (Still, it's better than the picture used when you first began the site years ago. THAT didn't even look like you!)
    Expect the worst & hope for the best...
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,962 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you flip the picture your shirt buttons up right over left instead of left over right.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • DdraigGoch
    Options
    Which is a] a dead giveaway that Photoshopping has been indulged in and b] that's how ladies fasten their shirts... you might just want to have a new photo taken! Prefer you how you are, that "hair" does you no favours, whereas "au naturel" = lovely. :D
    If you see me on here - shout at me to get off and go and get something useful done!! :D
  • gonzolagonda
    Options
    Last one looks like Lee Evans!:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills