Digging myself out of the black hole

Options
ClootiesMum
ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 4 January 2010 at 6:11PM in Debt free diaries
Hi again folks,

My last diary died a death as things became more challenging but I really have to start another diary as this did make me do things - please feel free to help with the proverbial kick up the arris that I need.....

This morning has been just wasted looking at t'internet even though my house is crying out for a tidy/clean...

So here goes again

[STRIKE]I'm off to tidy the house[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Clean out the chickens[/STRIKE] and now showered & clean as well (me, not the chooks)
[STRIKE]Do a load of washing[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]Deliver last of Christmas pressies (yeah, yeah, I know)[/STRIKE]
Clean house - this can now wait as car is stuck backwards in the drive & I have to dig it out for work tomorrow :mad:

In my defence though, I have also been to the recycling centre today & dropped into Mum's house to make sure all was well for the viewing tomorrow....

Then drink wine

Wish me luck folks

CM
Debts 07/12/2021
#280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83

Comments

• ClootiesMum
    Options
    OK - now I have a bit of time here's the real reason that I've stared a new diary

:j:jIT NEEDS TO BE MORE CHEERFUL & WITH MUCH HAPPINESS & DEBT REDUCTION & LIFE ORGANISING:j:j

Last year was rough but this year will be much better although I still feel that I'm in a black hole, I am refusing to go to a doctor as I'll just be given wee pills and I don't want that.

So for the first few weeks I'll probably have more boring lists of daily to dos but theoretically they should reduce once they become dones

House viewer tomorrow sounds promising but I'll wait & see but first I'm going to have another go @ digging out the car before ClootiesDad comes home and then I'll plan tomorrows escapades into normalness......
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Woo hoo - car is now facing the right way - always a good start for a 7 o'clock leaving time

Anyhow, for tomorrow my tasks are

1. Have 2 cards to write to people who sent cards to Mum..... I've done a few of these so I seem to have the wording right by now
    2. Must phone to see how much it'll cost to have the glass in a picture replaced (genuine accident by ClootiesDad)
    3. Take luch to work - shouldn't be difficult as the fridge is well full (& also the cheap coffee I have in the kitchen also needs to go - more hit for less liquid & I need this until about lunchtime :o
    4. Organise 121 & year end report for work - I hate these & the quicker I can get this over the better
    5. And a secret task - I can't tell you about this until tomorrow night as it's a revenge thing - but a classy one :rolleyes:

So there we are folks - told you it would be boring for a while but I'm not, honest
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Well, I've not done well on keeping this up to date - have I?:p

But onwards & upwards.....

Booked a last minute holiday this afternoon (not very MSE but DH & I are delicate at the moment so are trying to be good to ourselves - & the week we are away is when numpty assaulter is in court so being away will be good) but DH brother has called him & wants to speak to him. I have a dreadful feeling he'll want to book to come on same holiday :eek::eek::eek:.
    BIL & his partner are so totally different to us it would be a nightmare & the girlfriend is high maintenance - and I'm sorry to say, not the sharpest tool in the box. Girlfriend thought Guantanamo Bay was a tourist area in Cuba (OK - I set her up - when I heard they were going to Cuba I did ask if she'd be visiting G Bay:o) and on another occasion we had a Kuoni brochure in the house to drool over real fancy holidays & her reaction was - this looks gorgeous - where is Kuoni? :D

I couldn't go on holiday with her but DH is so polite I don't know if he can tell his brother to b****r off if he wants to come......

Any suggestions, or good excuses why we can't have company?
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    Options
    I can think of tons......
    • 2nd Honeymoon
    • your late night bedroom acrobatics may well keep them awake all night
    • you snore
    • You sleep walk - wouldn't want to walk in on them during an intimate moment now would you
    • The hotel was really cheap as the last guests all got delhi belly from the food
    • Only one murder happened there recently
    • They don't have hairdryers or straighteners and they are now banned items on all aircraft heading to this destination
    • The power is different so hairdryers and straighteners won't work
    • Its too hot for make-up it all melts in the sun and the GF would look like a panda
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Thanks for the excuses moo2moo - the make up one would be best but us not needed at present, but I'll remember them just in case

BIL texted DH & said that if we want to buy them an early wedding present & early birthday pressies then we can pay for the holiday & they'll keep us company. I find it hard to believe there are such selfish, moneygrabbing people in the world.....
    Anyway the answer was NO - BIL last b/day pressie was in the possible present box & GF's next pressie was bought in Sains 75% off post Christmas sale. Not enough for a drink on holiday, never mind a holiday

So holiday will be peaceful
    Debts 07/12/2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills