The motivational thread

Options
Anyone else noticed how the boards have been quieter lately? And that a lot of people are having a bad time with blips, bumps and general boredom?

We could start a confessional here - list your sins, DFWers! - but frankly, I think we'd all be trawling through the posts for hours and getting more and more depressed at what we were reading.

So, let's turn a negative into a positive. We're half way through the year. It's July next week.

Time to up the ante. Post your motivational thoughts below.
:eek: What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about? :eek:
Official "Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)" Member 16

Comments

• poppy52
    poppy52 Posts: 186 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I had an absolutely delicious supper last night that cost hardly anything. Boil some spaghetti. In a skillet, melt some butter and olive oil and crush some garlic in it. Heat gently, add a chopped tomato, some parsley or basil if you have some, and a bit of chopped pepper. Drain the spaghetti, add to the skillet and stir around. It was delicious and very cheap.

I also feel good when I have some money left at the end of the month. It may only be a fiver, but now I'm on a dmp I am never overdrawn at the end of the month. That's a great feeling.
  • MinnieSpender
    MinnieSpender Posts: 2,975 Forumite
    Options
    I did a two-week shop today. I'm going to cook a load of soup in the slow cooker tonight for lunches this week. I've also finished my exams which will give me more time to devote to housework :eek:. My new clothes (which I felt bad about buying) will make me look smarter at work which will make me feel more confident. This will obviously lead to a payrise before the autumn :rotfl:.
  • Let_Robinson_Sing
    Options
    I get paid in 6 hours 45 minutes and 35 seconds

:beer:
  • MinnieSpender
    Options
    Good to have another MSP fan on board! Hurrah!
  • Let_Robinson_Sing
    Options
    Good to have another MSP fan on board! Hurrah!

Great band!! What do you think of James and Nicky embarking on a solo career?
  • MinnieSpender
    Options
    Great band!! What do you think of James and Nicky embarking on a solo career?

Very exciting. I've heard some of the James stuff on XFM and he's also been singing Nicky's praises. Champing at the bit to get hold of both new offerings!

EDIT: what of Sean though? Would love to know what he's up to! Buying gadgets, no doubt.
  • Let_Robinson_Sing
    Options
    Very exciting. I've heard some of the James stuff on XFM and he's also been singing Nicky's praises. Champing at the bit to get hold of both new offerings!

EDIT: what of Sean though? Would love to know what he's up to! Buying gadgets, no doubt.

Aww seany gotta love him I think he should bring out an album with him playing his trumpet.

Shamefully i've not heard much of their solo stuff. I missed out on James's gig in Manchester :(. I really want some bootlegs of Nickys live gig at the Guardian Hay Festival expect after hearing 'I Killed the Zeitgeist' i am a tad sceptical.

I cant wait for them to play as a band again though.
  • Lozzle23
    Lozzle23 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I use my internet banking like an "online piggy bank". What I do is most days is I transfer the odd pennies over from my current account to my ISA after payments have gone out. Obviously the most I can put in one go is £0.99 (unless I'm feeling flush!!). This year so far I've saved over £30.00 that I would not have otherwise saved and have not even noticed the money going.
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to car boots & ebay my house is clearer tha it has ever been & it feels lovely! Not compleatly uncluttered (never will be!) but I feel quite liberated in my space now rather than claustrophobic! Also cooked pasta, bacon and mushrooms for tea - with enough for tomorrow! Much nicer than a ready meal!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• ozzyfan_2
    ozzyfan_2 Posts: 599 Forumite
    Options
    my debt will be below 30k at the end of the week :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure