Spending/earning diaries 2010.

Options
Having been inspired by a thread where another poster listed ALL their spending last year, I've got out one of the notebooks I'd been stashing from the M&S 1p sale, and have started to account for LITERALLY every penny incoming and outgoing for this year. I think I'd bore everyone to death by posting everything all the time but I think it is great as a personal record and a reality check and if anyone else wants to do it too, feel free to contribute to this thread. Gift vouchers, for example, earnt through surveys, or won as prizes, also count, and if you like, you can also include prizes or gifts in kind (eg a watch given as a bonus at work, etc). I believe that seeing it all in black and white will give me the impetus I need to curb the excessive spending and for once save some money towards more worthwhile things.

Comments

• nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive been saying that i'll do this for ages. The new year seems like a perfect time to start!
    :j
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    I won't bore everyone with itemising every incoming and outgoing, but I must say that seeing it in black and white (in my notebook diary) is really helping me stay on the straight and narrow). It helps that I am staying home today and tomorrow, so 2 less days to spend money; I can't be bothered with online shopping at the moment as I have so many missing parcels anyway.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi! I started doing this yesterday as thought it would be an ace way of looking at my spending habits, planning to keep it for a year but even if keep for a month that would be great :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Any more for any more? I've still managed to keep this up to date with everything, even the 1p I found the other day.
  • danandgeorgie
    Options
    Hi all

I have downloaded the excel version of the budget planner from this site and I'm using it month by month through the year. The headings are great and I will start to make sense of spending. I am just turned 46 and aim to be debt free before I'm 50!:D:D
    In the red at LBM £25,703 on 20/01/10
    Debt as at 20/07/10 £25012
    Target debt free date 05/01/14Crazy Clothes Challenger 139 = 8/100
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Well, this month is pitiful as I've not been working or claiming benefits. Due to visit the jobcentre tomorrow as I am totally broke now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure