• Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done Wayne!
  • Colin2511
    Colin2511 Posts: 738 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know which of these can fit a full slice in? we have a hinari 4 slice and i have to lob the top bit off my Warburtons bread as it sticks out the top, or if I put in sideways it is too long

(dont say change bread as I love my warburtons wholemeal for brekkie)

so - would be great if someone knows which 4 slice toaster can fit longer bread
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    A bit contentious with regards to Warburtons as pointed out on HUKD
    Bought one of these [Morphy Richards Polished 4 Slice Toaster] from argos last month. Looks and quality are great but i dont think it’s deep enough for a full slice. Dropped in a couple of slices of Warburtons Toastie bread and they were sticking out the top by about 25mm. It actually said on the box it was deeper for a full slice. It wasn't. icon_mad.gif
    The only thing I can suggest is flip the bread over half way through toasting.

We've also got a Breville toaster at work which is a two toaster, works fine but you do have to flip the bread over as I've mentioned.
  • xjennax
    xjennax Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    house of fraser has a 4 slice toaster in january sales online - its 29.99 think its phillips
    Wins so far - Numerous Glamour and Rimmel Goodies, 4 tickets to T4OTB, Tiling Tools and Paintbrush, Dova Spa Facial, 5 Tickets to Lynx Allnighter (Halloween party)

Thanks to all posters on MSE :T
  • Payless_2
    Payless_2 Posts: 3,123 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm totally spoilt for choice now - feeling a bit like purplebutterfly. I would never have thought of looking in b and q for toasters. It's so cheap as well.:beer:

Totally off the point I know but I've just seen 2 people skiing along my street!!:snow_laug
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    Hope you manage to get one as they appear to be selling like hot cakes.
    Just back from going for my reservation...but alas it was no longer there...said they had all been reserved yesterday.
    Make sure to select a store to check stock beforehand.
  • purplebutterfly
    Options
    Grrr -just seen the B&Q toaster but there are none in stock anywhere near me. Damn

Still can't work out whether I want to pay more for a decent toaster or whether I'll be happy enough with a really cheap one.

I am now being seduced by "high lift" mechanisms for toasting buns etc.............when I know I'll never use it for anything other than 4 slices of cheap bread :rolleyes:

The one I've had for years (which has finally given up the ghost) was one of the Woolworths Value range. think it cost something like £8.
    Can't say it was a brilliant toaster but it toasted bread on both sides which was all that I really wanted!
    Living with Lupus is like juggling with butterflies
  • Payless_2
    Options
    Grrr -just seen the B&Q toaster but there are none in stock anywhere near me. Damn

Still can't work out whether I want to pay more for a decent toaster or whether I'll be happy enough with a really cheap one.

I am now being seduced by "high lift" mechanisms for toasting buns etc.............when I know I'll never use it for anything other than 4 slices of cheap bread :rolleyes:

The one I've had for years (which has finally given up the ghost) was one of the Woolworths Value range. think it cost something like £8.
    Can't say it was a brilliant toaster but it toasted bread on both sides which was all that I really wanted!

That's what I'm thinking. Is it worth paying more for additional functions that I'll probably never use. However I do like toasted hot cross buns:confused:

My last one was a cheapo from woolies too and the B and Qs round my way don't have the Kenwood toaster in stock either. Spooky
  • Payless_2
    Options
    Colin2511 wrote: »
    Does anyone know which of these can fit a full slice in? we have a hinari 4 slice and i have to lob the top bit off my Warburtons bread as it sticks out the top, or if I put in sideways it is too long

(dont say change bread as I love my warburtons wholemeal for brekkie)

so - would be great if someone knows which 4 slice toaster can fit longer bread

If you got a 4 slice toaster with the 2 long slots instead of the 4 little ones would it enable you to toast 2 slices of Warburtons without chopping bits off?
  • purplebutterfly
    Options
    I aslo can't decide which would fit better in my teeny tiny kitchen - a long one with 2 slots or one with 4 separate slots.

The only reason I was considering a 4-slot toaster was because I figured it would fit the bread in better and avoid the problem that Colin2511 mentioned.

I've laso read bad stuff about both Breville AND Kenwood toasters recently - which makes me lean more towards Morphy Richards or Russell Hobbs.

But then again, surely I have better things to worry about than how evenly my bread is toasted! :rotfl: This is getting ridiculous. :o
    Living with Lupus is like juggling with butterflies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport