Magnifying Glass

Options
Has anyone found a solution for magnifying a page for someone with fairly bad eyesite ? Won't be interested in small handheld glass though, as can't be held for too long. They need to be able to read newspaper, do puzzles etc. Many thanks.

Comments

• Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look at some of the cross stitch sites. There are a range of large magnifiers that you can hang around your neck. Although they are designed for craft work they may be what you are looking for.

Here is a link to get you started
  • brook2jack
    brook2jack Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    Lakeland plastic did a large magnifying sheet which would cover a page of a newspaper. I don't know if they still do it.
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    My nan has one that you clamp to the table. I think it was from Kleaneasy they have loads of gadgets of that type.
  • pjk_3
    pjk_3 Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2009 at 10:46PM
    Options
    I think I've seen some glasses that have clip-in lenses - intended for craft work I think. They looked pretty weird but if they do the job it wouldn't matter. I have no idea what they were called but if I find anything on google I'll post back.

This kind of thing (no idea if the seller is any good though) - http://shop.avicraft.co.uk/product_info.php?currency=GBP&products_id=7929
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    try a craft shop as people use these for knitting/cross stick patterns .
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My mum has had anglepoise type lamps which had a magnifying lense on a separate arm. That solves two problems: often improving the light helps no end, and get the magnifier in place.

However be warned that you MUST cover the magnifying lense up when not in use if you don't want to set fire to the place.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport