Best and cheapest meal replacement diet?

I am thinking of 'doing' slimfast after the new year as a pre diet boost, but have also seen this stuff called celebrity slim. the celebrity slim seems expensive,, does anyone know if they are virtually the same thing?

is anyone else planning to do something drastic?

Comments

• puddy
    puddy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    well i have found that tesco and boots are doing slimfast half price until mid january, so i think i will get a job lot in
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    I've done Slim Fast, as I find that I need something that restrictive to give me a kick start. If i just do "healthy eating" I end up thinking just one chocolate wont hurt, but on Slim Fast its quite clear what you can and cant have! Also, the shakes are actually quite filling and thick, and surprisingly tasty. I felt hungrier after vanilla and banana though, than after strawberry and chocolate, oddly!
    Just make you have plenty of 100 calorie snacks in, as you can have 3x100 calorie snacks a day :) and drink lots of water to keep yourself feeling full!
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

DD (born January 2012)
  • puddy
    thanks, i cant seem to find the soups, do they still sell them??
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Waitrose have 3 for the price of 2 on protein bars and the protein drinks,- about 200 kcals per protein bar and 350kcals per drink. I eat the bars for lunch and they are a bit sickly so your unlikely to want more then one!! But not sure about it for a long term solution, your stomach and blood sugar levels may not thankyou for it!
  • Yay, I'm starting Slimfast on Monday so I've just been and stocked up :-)
  • puddy
    thanks, no its not a long term solution, its a short term kick start. ive stocked up now at tescos

im going to start monday

what do other people use as their 100 calorie snack? im not really a 'sweet' person, i prefer savoury foods so shame they dont seem to do any soups, i would need to try to put savoury snacks in my day i think
  • They do pretzels and cheese bite things that are savoury - if it's soup your after (would that not be a bit of a liquid-y day?), then normal soup has less calories than one of the meal replacement things do.

Their website has lots of info, including recipes under 600 calories for your tea etc.
  • The meal replacement concept is one that has been around for decades and it has proved quite good for those who have used for weight loss. Meal replacement shakes are the best as it includes all the vitamins and nutrients that you need from those meals and so it has advantages to opt for this type of dieting.
  • Am doing CS myself as I cant stomach Slim fast _pale_ It is pricey, but the shakes/bars quality out classes Slimfast. Am doing well and lost 6lb in 5 days. Its lowish carb and ups protein and encourages eating 5-6 small meals a day.

The trick with either plan is to stick to it and keep up the fluid levels, drink at least 2 ltrs water a day

Good luck :D:D
    MFW 2011 No. 161 £946.54/£2000 Target
    April 9/15 :p March 14/15 :( Feb NSD 15/14 :D
    April GC £121.00/£130 March GC £127.60/£150 :D
    I Love my Furbabies :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts