More good news!!!

Options
A while ago I posted that the Insurance company that were paying our mortgage made a mistake and paid the mortgage money into our overdrawn defunct bank account. As I had just faced up to my debts and was having many problems at the time, this seemed to be the last straw.

Because of the strength and support drawn from this site I complained and got a 'sorry we know we made a mistake but its tough' letter. I took the complaint higher and got a letter yesterday saying yes we made a mistake we will pay your mortgage to the right people again! as a gesture of goodwill and all additional charges too. RESULT! In the same post was a letter from capital One saying they don't agree that their charges are too high, but they have refunded £100 anyway! AND AND the bank of scotland have refunded £50 (I am taking them to court for the rest).

3 - the mobile people have responded to my complaint by waiving the £66 they charged me in error, and sky refunded the £88 they charged in error.

Not too many moons ago, I would have collapsed with the weight of all these problems. I would have cried let it go and then gone out and spent money to make myself feel better.

In fact, if I had had a letter with good news I would have gone out and spent money because I felt a bit richer (even though all that money is going to pay my debts)- not last night, I was good and just worked!!!

Thanks to all you people - yet again - who have supported me over the last few months, I could not have done it without you.

To all you new posters who may be in the depths of despair - keep at it, keep reading and posting. My debts have gone down for the third month in a row - a previously unheard of phenonenon (sp) in the last twenty years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:
Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Absolutely BRILLIANT NEWS!!!

I can feel your hapiness through the PC here and its infectious!!!

time for this chap again I think -} mf_party.gif
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • susank
    susank Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wonderful - well done - it will give you a real lift too.
    Saving in my terramundi pot £2, £1 and 50p just for me! :j
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    well done sammy! sounds like the tide is turning for you.
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • kevin_M
    kevin_M Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    cool sammy keep chipping away :)
  • sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks you lot. Actually Lynzpower where did you get that man from!! If it was a woman that would look exactly like I did last night, dancing round my kitchen.
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • CosmoCat
    CosmoCat Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    that's really great news. well done.
    MFW Newbie - #17. (#116 in 2019)
    New Mortgage at Nov 19 - £273 499
    Current Balance - £268 225
    Want to cut down 26 year mortgage by 9 years!
    New MF date 2036 :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport