CCCS and Egg?

Options
Hi as some of you will know ive eventually caved in and sought help from CCCS with my debts, the thing i want to ask anyone si that the largest of my debts is with EGG (a loan and a CC) - has anyone else had experience with them as in going through a DMP with the CCCS - are they usually accepting of the CCCS proposals or are they likely to be reluctant to co-operate - im starting to get scared!!!!!!!!!!!
Focusing on clearing the credit cards in 2018 :T

Comments

• Mike_St_Helens
    Mike_St_Helens Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Options
    I have big issues... i keep getting nasty letters from eggs people but they on the whole start to talk when they realise you have nowt ! im on a dmp too with payplan... egg is about£20k too !
  • poppy52
    poppy52 Posts: 186 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've been on a dmp with Payplan for 6 months or so. Egg were fine at first but yesterday I got a letter from Direct Legal and Collections demanding full repayment of my Egg loan. I don't know what's going on - have sent letter to Payplan and also emailed Egg to ask.
  • Iwantmorecash
    Options
    Im with payplan and when i spoke to egg they told me that because im with payplan they will deal with me "in house " and they have accepted the offer .....

we shall see what hapens..

i spoke to them about 3 weeks ago last :)
    Debit was £64k (light bulb Feb 05)
    Debt now 60K Dec 07 DFD= nov2019 :confused:
    "The only time money comes before work is in the dictionary"
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Mike_St_Helens Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Options
    At the end of the day if they dont deal with you they get nowt !

They will most always deal with you.... it sounds so criminal... take no notice their psycological words !
  • Wonder_Girl
    Wonder_Girl Posts: 999 Forumite
    Options
    They mostly will send letters and call you for a bit, depending on your DMP deposit they mostly give up and accept the offer.

Egg don't often go for CCJ's either, they will mostly sell the debt.

Hope that helps
    All comments and advice given is my own opinion and does not represent the views or advice of any debt advice organisation.

DFW Nerd #132
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport