super markets for ky

Options
Not sure if this is the right section but for a last week and this week iv been trying to find some ky jelly most supermarkets only stock 75ml of personal KY which is so expensive they used to have bigger tubes of it for about £3 but now its like £4 or so for the 75ml and i just think its a rip off.

I know boots stopped stocking the bigger tubes and started doing these smaller ones and they are £4.25

Just kinda peeved. I would not be so bad but 75ml just does not go very far :mad:
:A

Comments

• missymugwump
    Options
    Dont chemists do a generic product cheaper ?
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes." :cool:

All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.
  • kentguy07
    Options
    Dont chemists do a generic product cheaper ?
    dont know. I did not think that chemistswhere very cheap.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They can vary. But it is worth asking in any pharmacy (Boots included) whether they have a generic product, and whether they can order in larger sizes even if they don't keep them in stock.

But you may find KY have stopped making the larger tubes. I know that's what happened with the sensible sized bottles of Disprol (500 ml as opposed to 100 ml) which I used to be able to buy off the back shelf of my local pharmacy.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • kentguy07
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    They can vary. But it is worth asking in any pharmacy (Boots included) whether they have a generic product, and whether they can order in larger sizes even if they don't keep them in stock.

But you may find KY have stopped making the larger tubes. I know that's what happened with the sensible sized bottles of Disprol (500 ml as opposed to 100 ml) which I used to be able to buy off the back shelf of my local pharmacy.

I know for a fact that they still do sell larger bottles because they sell them direct on the ky website. They do 5oz bottles for £7 plus shipping but then its coming from america.

I just hate how the supermarkets rip people off so much. I can understand why people get so peeved about the prices. They make products smaller and then put the prices up but that is after they did smaller businesses out of business.

But anyways i will buy online from now on. People say to me shopping online will do shops out of business well serves them right for ripping the people off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport