Options
1249250251252253255»

Comments

• Somebody
    Somebody Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CrickJon said:
    Is there a good spreadsheet model - monthly or annually - where I could input my current pension pot, add contributions each year, growth etc, input living costs etc and model when I may be able to retire, how much I can drawdown, whether I take a lump sum or not and when SP comes in?

I prefer a spreadsheet to a website calculator as they all seem to give different answers and don’t provide annual breakdowns.
    Have you tried guiide.co.uk?

• barnstar2077
    barnstar2077 Posts: 1,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    kinger101 said:
    There is something magical about a well made spreadsheet.  The way you can change one cell and everything else changes automatically.  They can make you feel like an inventor tinkering with a mad contraption! :  )
    You don't work for Fujitsu do you?
    Not sure there was anything magical about that software! :  /
    Think first of your goal, then make it happen!
  • trevjl
    trevjl Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found this the best of the ones I saw online:
    https://whatapalaver.co.uk/retirement-planning-couples
    Broadly confirmed my own spreadsheet numbers when I was planning my escape 👍
    And a jolly good spreadsheet it is too !!! It's been telling me to go for ages !
    I've been using it for a couple of years or more and yes, I'm still  working for some unknown reason.
    Notice going in next month however, passing of mum at 91 last month and other friends much younger with issues has finally made me see sense.
    Spending of around £32Kpa with DC a pot of £270K, savings of £100K and mums flat to sell along with a DB of £25K in 42 months time I'll never live to spend it.

• Smudgeismydog
    Smudgeismydog Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I’m sorry to hear about your mum @trevjl, unfortunately sometimes it takes an event so close to home to make us “see sense”.

As plenty of people have said, the most important things are your time and health.
    Congrats on your imminent retirement 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure