WORLD CUP: Desperate for copies of matches

Options
Can anyone help please?? I'm in big trouble, I promised my son who lives in NZ that I would record some of the World cup matches, namely the opening match, the one between England v Paraguay and Brazil v Croatia.

He can't get any coverage of the world cup not even on radio and doesn't have access to Sky. How can I tell him I went off on holiday and forgot The World Cup? A big crime in his book.

I need dvd-r if possible for compatiblilty with his equipment. Obviously I'll pay for copies if anyone can help.
Desperate Mum.

Comments

• pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    England game here for £2:50 inc p&p Could try to e mail as I am sure he would be happy to help with other games. Have also privated you an email addy that might help. Link removed as not working anymore
  • elliehenny777
    Options
    many thanks i was able to purchase copy of match. Great relief I didn't get your pvt email, maybe you could retry ?
    Thanks again
    Ellie
  • badabing
    badabing Posts: 595 Forumite
    Options
    Did u see those 2 matches....they were brutal!!!!!!!!!!! Tell him they were crap games & save your money!!
    It's a great day for singing a song / It's a great day for moving along / It's a great day for morning to night / It's a great day for everybody's plight.

Your father pedals car telephones at a 300 percent markup. Your mother works on heavy commission at a camera store. Graduated to it from espresso machines. Hah!
  • Chalky87
    Chalky87 Posts: 851 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to rake this up but I think you'll find that selling copies of the game is illegal..as it is owned by the BBC. I would stay away from the seller who is selling the game in order to make a profit and it looks as though their auction was pulled.

There may be highlights on the BBC website, if not there are certainly radio broadcasts available...of course this means he would need access to the internet.
    Stuff Happens As Wave of Ambiguity Spreads
    :cool:
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    Options
    highlights are available on the bbc website, dont know if it is possible to save them though?
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    Options
    many thanks i was able to purchase copy of match. Great relief I didn't get your pvt email, maybe you could retry ?
    Thanks again
    Ellie

The pm was saying what whitey said above, regarding copyright issues and e bay sometimes removing dvd copies. Hope it all goes through ok. Have sent the pm again.
  • andykolo
    andykolo Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    i have about 10 matches recorded if you want some just give me a shout
    all views, comments and opinions are mine and i have the right to be wrong
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    Options
    just been sent this link.... whilst it doesnt have the full match nor highlights, it does show all of the goals scored

http://www.11football.com/coupedumonde2006/
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • elliehenny777
    Options
    Big thanks to all of you who replied to my plea for copies of the world cup matches. I got the dvd's, no probs. I knew you would help if possible, a great bunch of people.

I didn't get back to you all before now because I couldn't get into the Chat forum. (AOl again, causing problems with access.)
    Ellie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport